Moreton Bay, Queensland
|Population||3,540 (2016 census)|
|Location||26 km (16 mi) from Brisbane central business district|
|LGA(s)||Moreton Bay Region|
Alma Park Zoo was a tourist attraction in Dakabin, it was a 20-acre (8.1 ha) park which contains Australian and exotic species as well as tropical gardens. The Zoo relocated to The Big Pineapple on 31 March 2014.
In the 2011 census, Dakabin recorded a population of 1,447 people, 50.3% female and 49.7% male. The median age of the Dakabin population was 33 years, 4 years below the national median of 37. 78.5% of people living in Dakabin were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were New Zealand 4.9%, England 4.7%, South Africa 1.5%, Scotland 0.9%, United States of America 0.8%. 92.9% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 0.6% Auslan, 0.6% Sinhalese, 0.4% Malayalam, 0.3% Russian, 0.3% Hindi.
The station is to be upgraded providing elevators for wheelchairs and bikes. Also, there will be a raised section of the platform for easier access.
- Dakabin State School caters for students Prep to Year 6. The school opened on 28 January 1992.
- Dakabin State High School, a secondary school catering for students from Year 7 to Year 12
- Northpine Christian College, teaches students from Prep to Year 12, as well as a kindergarten.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Dakabin (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "Dakabin (entry 45386)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Moreton Bay Regional Council. "Dakabin - Kallangur". Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Dakabin station upgrade". Queensland Rail. Archived from the original on 6 February 2018. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Dakabin State School". Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Queensland schools opening dates". Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Bob Brock Park". Moreton Bay Regional Council. Retrieved 21 August 2016.
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Dakabin
- Lakeside International Raceway
- Dakabin Station Action Group Website