DakhaBrakha in Lviv in 2009
|Members||Marko Galanevych, Olena Tsybulska, Iryna Kovalenko, Nina Garenetska.|
DakhaBrakha is a project of the DAKh Center for Contemporary Art, led by Vladyslav Troitskyi and born as a live theater music crew. V. Troiskyi continues to be the band's producer. Members of DakhaBrakha participate in the Centre's other projects, notably in the all-female cabaret project Dakh Daughters, as well as in the annual Gogolfest festival.
The group's name derives from Ukrainian verbs Давати and Брати, meaning "give" and "take", respectively - while also playing on the Art Centre's name "Dakh" (literally 'roof' in Ukrainian).
- Marko Halanevych - vocal, goblet drum, tabla, didgeridoo, harmonica, accordion, cajón
- Olena Tsybulska - vocal, percussion
- Iryna Kovalenko - vocal, djembe, flute, buhay, piano, ukulele
- Nina Harenetska - vocal, cello
- На добраніч (2005)
- Ягудки (2007)
- На межі (2009)
- Light (2010)
- Хмелева project (2012)
- Шлях / The Road (2016)
- 2018 — House 99 by David Beckham trailer song (United Kingdom)
- 2017 — Bitter Harvest (2017 film) (Canada)
- 2017 — Mavka. The Forest Song (Ukraine)
- 2017 — Fargo (TV series) (United States)
DakhaBrakha performed in June 2014 at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival held in Manchester, TN. DakhaBrakha was invited to participate through the globalFEST showcase. They were proclaimed by Rolling Stone magazine as "Best Breakout" of the festival.
- Tsioulcas, Anastasia (January 16, 2014). "DakhaBrakha: globalFEST 2014". npr.org. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- Pareles, Jon (June 17, 2014). "Put Language Aside, Then Let the Music Take Time to Speak". The New York Times. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- ""Сны потерянных дорог" - на фестивале "NET"" ["Dreams of the Lost Road" - The "NET" Festival] (in Russian). tvkultura.ru. November 23, 2009. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- "Best Breakout: Dakhabrakha Photo - 45 Best Things We Saw at Bonnaroo 2014". rollingstone.com. 2016-06-16. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Glastonbury 2016 - DakhaBrakha". BBC Music Events. Retrieved 2016-06-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DakhaBrakha.|