||This article needs to be updated. (May 2017)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dakota Abberton (born in Maroubra, New South Wales), an Australian surfer, is a member of the Australian surf gang, the Bra Boys. Together with his brothers, Koby, Jai, and Sunny, Dakota Abberton achieved national and international attention in 2007 with the release of a feature-length documentary entitled Bra Boys: Blood is Thicker than Water, that was written and directed by the Bra Boys.
In March 2011 Abberton was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery, affray, destruction of property, two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and drugs charges following the assault and robbery of a woman.
- Marks, Kathy (19 March 2007). "Sydney's notorious surf gang turns tide of violence into big-screen adulation". The Independent. London, UK: Independent Print Limited. Retrieved 16 November 2008.
- Staff (22 July 2010). "Bra Boys: The often maligned surf brotherhood's new movie". Surfer Magazine. Interlink Media.
- Jones, Caroline (7 November 2005). "Sons of beaches". Australian Story. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- Fidler, Richard (12 March 2007). "The Bra Boys - Sunny and Koby Abberton". ABC 712. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- Ralston, Nick (16 March 2011). "Youngest Bra Boy brother charged with blinding attack on scooter owner". The Sydney Morning Herald.
|This article about an Australian surfer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|