Allen at 2018 Big 12 Media Days
|No. 51 – Los Angeles Rams|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||232 lb (105 kg)|
|High school:||Summer Creek|
|NFL Draft:||2019 / Round: 7 / Pick: 251|
|Roster status:||Unsigned draft pick|
|Career highlights and awards|
Early life and high school
Allen was born in Dallas, Texas and grew up in Humble, Texas. He attended Summer Creek High School and was a standout football player for the Bulldogs. As a senior, he recorded 112 tackles and three interceptions and was named the Defensive MVP of District 19-4A. He committed to play college football at Texas Tech over offers from Oklahoma, TCU, Kansas State and Iowa State.
Allen began his collegiate career at Texas Tech, redshirting his freshman season. As a redshirt freshman, Allen was the Red Raiders' second-leading tackler with 87 stops. After the end of the season, he was charged with second-degree burglary along with two teammates and ultimately expelled from Texas Tech. All charges were eventually dropped against Allen after agreeing to enter a pre-trial diversionary program.
Following his dismissal, he transferred to East Mississippi Community College, where he was featured in the second season of the Netflix documentary series Last Chance U. After the season, Allen returned to Texas tech to finish his collegiate career.
Allen had a breakout junior season in 2017, with 92 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, and six forced turnovers. He was subsequently named to the All-Big 12 by Pro Football Focus and to the second-team All-Big 12 by coaches and media. As a senior, Allen made 73 total tackles, including 6.5 for loss, and was named first team All-Big 12.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in
|31 1⁄4 in
|9 1⁄4 in
|4.77 s||1.67 s||2.77 s||4.04 s||6.88 s||31.5 in
|9 ft 8 in
|All values from NFL Scouting Combine|
- Wilson, Aaron (April 21, 2019). "Texas Tech LB Dakota Allen hopes NFL draft is next stop on road to redemption". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- Monte, Gabriel; Sigler, Jordan (August 1, 2016). "Attorneys: All charges to be dropped against former Texas Tech linebacker, 2 teammates". LubbockOnline.com. Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- Poe, Julia (July 20, 2018). "Where the Stars of Last Chance U Ended Up for the 2018 Season". Sports Illustrated.
- Shore, Albie (December 21, 2017). "2017 Tech football rankings: No. 1 Dakota Allen". vivathematadors.com. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
- Klein, Gary (April 27, 2019). "Netflix's 'Last Chance U' star Dakota Allen will continue his journey with Rams". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "NFL Draft Prospect Profile – Dakota Allen". nfl.com. Retrieved April 30, 2019.
- "Dakota Allen, DS #25 ILB, Texas Tech : 2019 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved April 30, 2019.
- DaSilva, Cameron (April 27, 2019). "Rams select LB Dakota Allen with their final pick of 2019 NFL draft". TheRamsWire.com. USA Today.
|This biographical article relating to an American football player, coach, or other figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|