Dalarna University College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 2015, the university had 16,344 students, with 11,642 of them studying via distance education. The campuses are located in Falun, the administrative capital of the province, and in the neighbouring town of Borlänge.
Dalarna University is deemed qualified to award Phd degrees in Microdata Analysis following assessment by The Swedish National Agency for Higher Education.
Research in Complex Systems and Microdata Analysis at Borlänge campus is carried out in collaboration with business and industry, and increases the competitiveness for trade, IT, transport and tourism in the region. Research in this subject area accounts for some 35 million SEK at the university. The field has some 50 employed researchers and teachers at the Borlänge campus and on top of that a further 30 doctoral students who are able to complete their education at Dalarna University.
Locus student accommodation
Student accommodation area Locus is located in Tjärna Ängar, a district in Borlänge designated by Swedish police as a vulnerable area, a socially deprived area with a higher crime rate. This makes life insecure for in particular female students who avoid walking alone at night due to persistent harassment. Therefore, the student union recommends relocating the campus to Falun.
There are three schools at the University:
- School of Technology and Business Studies
- School of Education, Health and Social Studies
- School of Humanities and Media Studies
- List of higher education institutions, Swedish National Agency for Higher Education, accessed 2016-01-09
- "Facts". Dalarna University. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Förföljelser, sexuella trakasserier och knivhot – studenter berättar om Borlänges studentboenden". dalademokraten.se (in Swedish). Retrieved 2017-12-09.
- "Studentkåren vill flytta hela Högskolan Dalarna till Falun". Dala-demokraten. 23 September 2016. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Studenterna själva sågar Borlänge som studentstad – "Jag känner mig inte säker här!"". dalademokraten.se (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 24 September 2016. Retrieved 2017-12-09.
- "Organisation". Dalarna University. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- Dalarna University - Official site