Dalata Hotel Group
|Public limited company|
|Traded as||ISEQ: DHG|
Dalata Hotel Group PLC is a hotel company which owns and operates hotels across Ireland and the UK. It is the largest hotel operator in Ireland with 7,101 rooms available across owned, leased and managed hotels. As of February 2020, the company operates 32 hotels across Ireland (25 owned, 7 leased) as well as managing 3 on behalf of external parties. Additionally, it operates 9 hotels across the UK (5 owned, 4 leased).
The majority of Dalata hotels are operated under their Maldron or Clayton brands, for 3-star and 4-star properties respectively. The Clayton name comes from an originally independent hotel acquired in Galway in 2014.
A significant single expansion for the group was the purchase of nine of the ten hotels of the Moran Bewleys Hotel Group in 2014. These were subsequently rebranded to the Maldron or Clayton brands.
Properties operated under the Clayton Hotels brand include the Clayton Hotel, Limerick (one of the tallest hotels in Ireland), and the Clayton Burlington Hotel, Dublin (formerly the Burlington, and now owned by a German real estate group). In Cork, the Clayton Hotel Cork City (formerly the Clarion Hotel), was acquired by the group in 2016.
- "The Dalata Story - Our Hotels". www.dalatahotelgroup.com. 13 February 2020. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- Cogley, Michael. "Ireland's largest hotel operator Dalata brings Maldron Hotel brand into England". The Irish Independent. The Irish Independent. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "New Clayton Hotels brand arrives in the UK". ETOA. 26 May 2015. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Dalata Hotel group raises €265m in IPO, funds will be used for Irish expansion". independent.ie. Independent News & Media. 18 March 2014.
- "About - Our Business". dalatahotelgroup.com. Dalata Hotel Group. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
Dalata is the largest hotel operator in Ireland [and] operate the Maldron Hotel brand and Clayton Hotel brand throughout Ireland & the UK, as well as managing a portfolio of partner hotels
- "Dalata acquires hotels in Galway and Wexford". irishtimes.com. Irish Times. 15 October 2014.
- "Dalata confirms deal to buy Bewley's Hotel Group". independent.ie. Independent News & Media. 17 December 2014.
- "Clayton Hotel Limerick". Dalata Hotel Group. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
The Clayton Hotel Limerick, Ireland’s tallest hotel, [overlooks the] River Shannon
- "Germany's Deka set to check in at Gibson Hotel in Dublin". Irish Times. 14 October 2017.
Deka [..] owns the former Burlington Hotel in Dublin which is operated by Dalata under the Clayton brand on a 25-year contract
- "Changing times at Clayton Hotel Cork City as Refurbishment Continues". Irish Hotels Federation. 11 May 2017. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
|This article about a hotel or resort is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|