Dalby Springs, Texas
Dalby Springs is a small unincorporated town in Bowie County, Texas, United States, once noted for its red sulphur springs, but now a virtual ghost town. Dalby Springs was first settled around 1839 and became a town around 1856. It began declining in the 1940s, with the advent of mechanized agriculture (as there were many cotton fields in the area).
- Bowie County Scrapbook, Barker Texas History Center, University of Texas at Austin.
- J. J. Scheffelin, Bowie County Basic Background Book (n.d.).
- Dalby Springs at GhostTowns.com
- Dalby Springs at USRoots.com
- Dalby Springs at Handbook of Texas Online
|This article about a location in Bowie County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States ghost town-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|