29 July 1991 |
Ingham, Queensland, Australia
|Height||184 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||97 kg (15 st 4 lb)|
|Position||Centre, Wing, Fullback|
Dale Copley (born 29 July 1991) is an Australian professional rugby league player who currently plays for the Gold Coast Titans in the National Rugby League. He plays at centre, wing and fullback and previously played for the Brisbane Broncos and the Sydney Roosters.
In round 15 of the 2009 NRL season, Copley made his NRL debut against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at fullback in the Broncos 12-46 loss at Remondis Stadium. In his third first grade match, in round 20 against the Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium, he scored his first NRL career try in the corner from a spectacular flick pass from Justin Hodges at dummy half in the Broncos 18-34 loss. Copley playing in four matches and scored two tries his debut season.
Copley finished the Brisbane Broncos 2011 NRL season by playing in 17 matches and scoring eight tries.
After Broncos winger Jharal Yow Yeh suffered a career ending ankle injury in round 4, Copley replaced Yow Yeh on the wing, playing in 15 matches and scoring four tries for the Broncos in the 2012 NRL season.
He returned to the Broncos first grade team in round 1 against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium, scoring a try in the Broncos 18-12 win. Copley finished the 2014 NRL season as the Broncos highest try-scorer with 16 tries and playing in all of the Broncos' 25 matches. On 15 September 2014, he was selected for the Australia Kangaroos Four Nations train-on squad, but didn't make the final squad.
Leading up to the Broncos Queensland derby 2015 NRL Grand Final match against the North Queensland Cowboys, Copley was named as 18th man as cover for the retiring Justin Hodges (who waiting at the NRL judiciary after being placed on report for a lifting tackle). Hodges was later cleared. Copley finished his injury plagued 2015 NRL season with playing nine matches and scoring a try for the Broncos.
On 12 January, Copley was selected in the QAS Emerging Maroons squad. On 18 January, he signed a three-year contract with the Sydney Roosters starting "with immediate effect through to the conclusion of the 2018 season", after being released by the Broncos to free up salary cap. In round 1 of the 2016 NRL season, Copley made his club debut for the Sydney Roosters against arch-rivals the South Sydney Rabbitohs, playing at centre in the 10-42 loss at the Sydney Football Stadium. In round 3, against the North Queensland Cowboys, Copley suffered a pectoral muscle injury in the Roosters' 0-40 loss at 1300SMILES Stadium and he later missed ten weeks of football. He returned for the Roosters in round 13, against the Wests Tigers, in a 32-16 win at the Sydney Football Stadium. In round 19, against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, Copley scored his first club try for the Roosters in the 20-32 loss at the Sydney Football Stadium. In round 21, against his former club the Brisbane Broncos, Copley played his best match of the season, where he scored two tries and was awarded with the Man of the Match honours in the Roosters' 32-16 win at the Sydney Football Stadium. Copley finished his first year with the Sydney Roosters, with playing in 14 matches and scoring five tries in the 2016 NRL season.
On 15 March 2017, Copley signed an immediate two-year deal with the Gold Coast Titans after being released from his contract with the Roosters. Copley was to make his club debut for the Titans in round 3 against the Parramatta Eels but was blocked from playing in the match due to him signing with the club two days prior before and not being named in the 21-man squad. He made his club debut a week later in the Titans 26-32 loss to the North Queensland Cowboys. However, he scored two tries in the match.
- "Dale Copley - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. 1991-07-29. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Sharks Beat Broncos 46-12". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Titans DEmolish Broncos 34-18". Foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Broncos Winger Jharal Yow-yeh Facing a Long Haul to Return to his Best". Couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Brisbane Broncos winger Dale Copley out for season with knee injury". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Squads For Auckland Nines". Rugby League Week. 2014-02-14. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Squads named for Auckland Nines". NRL. 12 February 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Broncos Have Beaten Bulldogs 18-12". Foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Broncos Trio Ben Hunt, Josh McGuire and Dale Copley Have Been Stamped as Future Test Stars". Couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Brisbane Broncos Blitz Sydney Roosters 31-12". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Grand Final 2015 : Justin Hodges NRL Judiciary Escapes to End Dale Copley's Dream". Foxsports.com.au. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "QAS Emerging squads 2015". Queensland Rugby League. Retrieved 2016-01-16.
- "Roosters sign Dale Copley". NRL.com. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- "Dale Copley signs with Roosters | NRL". Zero Tackle. 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Reynolds, Sutton injured as Bunnies smash Roosters". NRL.com. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Injuries compound Roosters' woeful night". NRL.com. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Jared Waerea-Hargreaves Stars". Dailytelegrpah.com.au. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Cronulla Sharks win 14th NRL game in a row with victory over Sydney Roosters". Smh.com.au. 2016-07-18. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Former Bronco Dale Copley Stars as Roosters Down Brisbane 32-16". Couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Home | Live Scores & Latest News". Fox Sports. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- "Injury Hit Titans Chase Roosters Centre Dale Copley". Goldcoastbulletin.com.au. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "Dale Copley leaves Roosters to sign for Gold Coast Titans". Smh.com.au. 2017-03-15. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- Bailey, Scott (2017-03-15). "Titans hopeful Copley debuts against Eels - NRL". Wwos.nine.com.au. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "NRL denies Titans signing Dale Copley chance to make Gold Coast debut tomorrow". Goldcoastbulletin.com.au. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dale Copley.|