Dale Fuller is one of Silicon Valley’s first-generation software executives, entrepreneurs and developers. He founded WhoWhere? Inc., led Apple’s PowerBook division to profitability and served as Chief Executive Officer and President of Borland Software Corporation. Fuller is Chairman and has served as President and Chief Executive Officer at MokaFive Inc.
From 1994 to 1996, Fuller was Vice President and general manager for Portable Computer Systems of NEC Technologies, Inc., moving NEC's notebook computers into the top tier of portable systems and manufacturers. During his time there, he extended the company’s leadership in marketplace development and deployment.
In 1996, Fuller returned to Apple as vice president and general manager of the company’s PowerBook division. He restructured and returned the troubled PowerBook division to profitability.
In 1997 Fuller helped grow WhoWhere.com, angelfire.com, and Mailcity, which was purchased by Lycos in 1998. In 1999, Fuller served as interim president and CEO of Borland Software Corporation, also known as Inprise. The position became permanent in 2000. Fuller was fired from Borland in 2005 following a weak quarterly performance. McAfee Inc. named Fuller Interim President and CEO in January 2006. Fuller took over from George Samenuk and Kevin Weiss following an internal probe into options backdating practices from the company’s initial public offering in 1996 through inut 2003. Fuller held that position until July 2007.
In 2008, Fuller became MokaFive’s president and CEO.
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Pacific College in 1980
- Executive Certificate of Business Administration, Stanford University, Advance Management College in 1994
- Honorary doctorate, St. Petersburg State University, Russia
- Chairman, Let Them Hear Foundation
- Member, Advisory Board of Essential Solutions Inc.
- Advisory Board of SeeControl Inc.
- American Association of Artificial Intelligence
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Mentor, Bootup Labs, Inc.
- Former directorships
- Pacific Edge Software Inc.
- Medrium Inc.
- MailFrontier Inc.
- Guidance Software Inc.
- Krugle Inc.
- Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
- Borland Software Corporation
- Software & Industry Information Association
- McAfee Inc.,
- SeeControl Inc.
- Webgistix Inc.
- Zoran Corporation
- Current directorships
- Soothe, Inc
- Prosites, Inc
- Quantum Corporation
- AVG Technologies CZ
- "Dale Fuller". Forbes. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "McAfee Board of Directors Names Dale L. Fuller Interim Chief Executive Officer and President". PR Newswire. October 11, 2006. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "Dale Fuller: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "Review: MokaFive's VDI tailors to BYOD". InfoWorld. August 3, 2012. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "McAfee taps DeWalt as CEO, president". Associated Press. Boston. March 5, 2007. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- Benson, Colleen (March 12, 2007). "People in Business". San Francisco Chronicle. C6.
- Flynn, Laurie J. (October 12, 2006). "2 More Executives Resign Over Options". New York Times. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- Havenstein, Heather (July 8, 2005). "Borland CEO Dale Fuller steps down". Computer World. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "McAfee, CNET & Monster all lose their CEOs to backdating.". Client Server News. October 16, 2006. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- Reidman, Patricia (June 1, 1998). "Dale Fuller: WhoWhere?". Advertising Age. Retrieved January 12, 2013.