Dale G. Renlund
|Dale G. Renlund|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|April 4, 2009|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Born||Dale Gunnar Renlund
November 13, 1952
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
|Parents||Mats A. Renlund
Renlund was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, to Mats Ake Renlund and Mariana Andersson. Renlund's parents were from Sweden and had emigrated to the United States so they could marry in an LDS Church temple. For three years while he was a teenager, Renlund lived with his parents in Sweden where his father was a building missionary for the LDS Church.
From 1972 to 1974 Renlund returned to Sweden where he served as a full-time missionary for the LDS Church. He received a bachelor's degree in chemistry and a M.D., both from the University of Utah. He then went on to do a six-year residency program at Johns Hopkins University.
In 1986, Renlund became a professor at the University of Utah. From 1991 to 2009, he was the medical director of the Utah Transplantation Affiliated Hospitals Cardiac Transplant Program. In 2000, he also became director of the Heart Failure Prevention and Treatment Program at Intermountain Health Center in Salt Lake City.
Renlund is married to Ruth Lybbert, a daughter of Merlin R. Lybbert, who was a general authority of the LDS Church. The Renlunds are the parents of one daughter. Ruth Renlund was a partner of the law firm of Dewsnup, King & Olsen.
In April 2009, Renlund became a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy, a full-time ecclesiastical position. Later in 2009, Renlund and his wife moved to Johannesburg, South Africa where he served first as a counselor and then beginning in 2011 as president of church's Africa Southeast Area.
- Stehlik J, Islam N, Hurst D, Kfoury AG, Movsesian MA, Fuller A, Delgado JC, Hammond ME, Gilbert EM, Renlund DG, Bader F, Fisher PW, Bull DA, Singhal AK, Eckels DD. Utility of Virtual Crossmatch in Sensitized Patients Awaiting Heart Transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2009 Sep 25. doi:10.1016/j.healun.2009.05.031 PMID 19782589
- Russo MJ, Gelijns AC, Stevenson LW, Sampat B, Aaronson KD, Renlund DG, Ascheim DD, Hong KN, Oz MC, Moskowitz AJ, Rose EA, Miller LW; REMATCH Investigators. The cost of medical management in advanced heart failure during the final two years of life. J Card Fail. 2008 Oct;14(8):651-8. Epub 2008 Jul 21. doi:10.1016/j.cardfail.2008.06.005 PMID 18926436
- Everitt MD, Donaldson AE, Casper TC, Stehlik J, Hawkins JA, Tani LY, Renlund DG, Kouretas PC, Kaza AK, Bullock EA, Cardon M, Kfoury AG. Effect of ABO-Incompatible Listing on Infant Heart Transplant Waitlist Outcomes: Analysis of the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) Database. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2009 Sep 25. doi:10.1016/j.healun.2009.06.024 PMID 19782582
- Drakos SG, Kfoury AG, Kotter JR, Reid BB, Clayson SE, Selzman CH, Stehlik J, Fisher PW, Mérida M 3rd, Eckels DD, Brunisholz K, Horne BD, Stoker S, Li DY, Renlund DG. Prior human leukocyte antigen-allosensitization and left ventricular assist device type affect degree of post-implantation human leukocyte antigen-allosensitization. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2009 Aug;28(8):838-42. doi:10.1016/j.healun.2009.04.031 PMID 19632582
- Kfoury AG, Hammond ME, Snow GL, Drakos SG, Stehlik J, Fisher PW, Reid BB, Everitt MD, Bader FM, Renlund DG. Cardiovascular mortality among heart transplant recipients with asymptomatic antibody-mediated or stable mixed cellular and antibody-mediated rejection. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2009 Aug;28(8):781-4. doi:10.1016/j.healun.2009.04.035 PMID 19632573
- Horne BD, May HT, Muhlestein JB, Ronnow BS, Lappé DL, Renlund DG, Kfoury AG, Carlquist JF, Fisher PW, Pearson RR, Bair TL, Anderson JL. Exceptional mortality prediction by risk scores from common laboratory tests. Am J Med. 2009 Jun;122(6):550-8. doi:10.1016/j.amjmed.2008.10.043 PMID 19486718
- Bader FM, Rogers RK, Kfoury AG, Gilbert EM, Horne BD, Stehlik J, Renlund DG. Time-dependent changes in B-type natriuretic peptide after heart transplantation: correlation with allograft rejection and function. Congest Heart Fail. 2009 Mar-Apr;15(2):63-7. doi:10.1111/j.1751-7133.2009.00055.x PMID 19379451
- May HT, Horne BD, Ronnow BS, Renlund DG, Muhlestein JB, Lappé DL, Pearson RR, Carlquist JF, Kfoury AG, Bair TL, Rasmusson KD, Anderson JL. Superior predictive ability for death of a basic metabolic profile risk score. Am Heart J. 2009 May;157(5):946-54. Epub 2009 Mar 25. doi:10.1016/j.ahj.2008.12.021 PMID 19376326
- Horne BD, May HT, Anderson JL, Kfoury AG, Bailey BM, McClure BS, Renlund DG, Lappé DL, Carlquist JF, Fisher PW, Pearson RR, Bair TL, Adams TD, Muhlestein JB; Intermountain Heart Collaborative Study. Fasting and other health influences. Am J Cardiol. 2009 Apr 1;103(7):1042. No abstract available. doi:10.1016/j.amjcard.2009.01.032 PMID 19327441
- Stehlik J, Nelson DM, Kfoury AG, Reid BB, Clayson SE, Nelson KE, Christensen BJ, Renlund DG, Movsesian MA, Cowley CG, Smith HK, Rasmusson BY, Long JW. Outcome of noncardiac surgery in patients with ventricular assist devices. Am J Cardiol. 2009 Mar 1;103(5):709-12. Epub 2009 Jan 15. doi:10.1016/j.amjcard.2008.11.021 PMID 19231338
- Kfoury AG, Renlund DG, Snow GL, Stehlik J, Folsom JW, Fisher PW, Reid BB, Clayson SE, Gilbert EM, Everitt MD, Bader FM, Singhal AK, Hammond ME. A clinical correlation study of severity of antibody-mediated rejection and cardiovascular mortality in heart transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2009 Jan;28(1):51-7. Epub 2008 Dec 4. doi:10.1016/j.healun.2008.09.012 PMID 19134531
- "Dale Gunnar Renlund". Church News. May 9, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- Askar, J.G. (May 9, 2009). "Healing hands consecrated to the Lord's work". Church News. Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- "Elder Dale G. Renlund," Liahona, May 2009, p. 136
- healthgrades report on Renlund