Launer was born in Cleveland, Ohio, and brought up in the San Fernando valley. He attended California State University, Northridge, where, after changing his major to Film, he recognised his desire for a job writing and directing films. His first successful screen play was Ruthless People (1986).
- Ruthless People (1986) - writer
- Blind Date (1987) - writer
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988) - executive producer, writer
- My Cousin Vinny (1992) - producer, writer
- Love Potion No. 9 (1992) - producer, director, writer
- Tom's Nu Heaven (2005) - producer, director, writer
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|