|Born||20 March 1959|
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Former tour(s)||Ladies European Tour (1979–2005)|
LPGA Tour (1997–1998)
|Number of wins by tour|
|Ladies European Tour||21 (2nd all-time)|
|Best results in LPGA major championships|
|ANA Inspiration||CUT: 1985, 1992|
|Women's PGA C'ship||T25: 1997|
|U.S. Women's Open||64th: 1988|
|du Maurier Classic||T52: 1997|
|Women's British Open||CUT: 2001, 2002, 2004|
|Achievements and awards|
|Ladies European Tour|
Order of Merit
Dale Reid OBE (born 20 March 1959) is a Scottish professional golfer from Ladybank, Fife. She is one of the most successful players in the history of the Ladies European Tour, with 21 tournament victories. She topped the Order of Merit in 1984 and 1987 and was made a life member of the tour after collecting her 20th title at the 1991 Ford Classic. She played for Europe in the first four Solheim Cups (1990, 1992, 1994 and 1996) and was Europe's non-playing captain in 2000 and 2002.
She worked full-time in a care home in Cupar, Fife for a short time as a social care worker, shortly after leaving this job she moved to Australia where she now resides.
In 2010 while driving with her partner in Gladstone, Queensland, she was a victim of a fatal crash with a truck. She survived with minor cuts and bruises, but the driver of the other truck, along with his son, was killed.
Professional wins (23)
Ladies European Tour wins (21)
- 1980 (1) Carlsberg Coventry Tournament
- 1981 (2) Carlsberg Gleneagles Hotel Tournament, Moben Kitchens Tournament
- 1982 (1) Guernsey Open
- 1983 (3) United Friendly Tournament, International Classic, Caldy Classic
- 1984 (2) UBM Classic, JS Bloor Eastleigh Classic
- 1985 (2) Ulster Volkswagen Open, Brend Hotels International
- 1986 (1) British Olivetti Tournament
- 1987 (4) Ulster Volkswagen Open, Volmac Dutch Open, La Manga Club European Open, Bowring Ladies Scottish Open
- 1988 (2) Birchgrey European Open, Toshiba Players Championship
- 1990 (1) Haninge Ladies Open
- 1991 (2) Ford Ladies' Classic, Bloor Homes Eastleigh Classic
Other wins (2)
- "Scots golfer 'traumatised' after head-on smash kills 2". The Scotsman. 28 June 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- Mair, Lewine (2 May 2008). "Dale Reid swaps Orders of Merit for bed pans". The Telegraph. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "Dale Reid awarded OBE in Honours List". Golf Today. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "Former Ladybank golfer survives horror road smash". Fife Today. Johnston Press. 1 July 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
|This biographical article relating to golf in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|