Dale Van Atta
Dale Van Atta
|Born||1951 (age 67–68)|
Dale Van Atta (born 1951) is a speaker, novelist, and journalist. He was a personal friend of and co-author with fellow journalist Jack Anderson and borrowed money to help him when he was in financial trouble. In 2008 his book With Honor was released about Melvin Robert Laird, Richard Nixon's Secretary of Defense from 1969 to 1973.
Before joining Jack Anderson in 1979, Van Atta was an investigative reporter for Deseret News. He is also a contributor to many international and national magazines and newspapers. Van Atta worked with Jack Anderson for seven years writing a column in more than 800 newspapers.
Honors and awards
Van Atta has been nominated five times for the Pulitzer Prize. Three of the nominations came from his work at Desertet News from 1973-1979.
- Van Atta, Dale; Anderson, Jackson Northman (1991). Stormin' Norman: An American Hero. Kensington Publishing Corporation. ISBN 978-0-8217-3562-6.
- Van Atta, Dale (1998). "Carbombs & Cameras – The Need for Responsible Media Coverage of Terrorism". Harvard International Review. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard International Relations Council. 20 (4). ISBN 978-0-89526-485-5. ISSN 0739-1854.
- Van Atta, Dale (1998). Trust Betrayed: Inside the AARP. Regnery Publishing Inc. p. 256. ISBN 978-0-89526-485-5.
- Van Atta, Dale (2008). With Honor: Melvin Laird in War, Peace, and Politics. University of Wisconsin Press. ISBN 978-0-299-22680-0.
- Kurtz, Howard Alan (October 15, 1991). "Jack Anderson Column in Jeopardy; Money Woes Threaten Capital Fixture". The Washington Post.
- Hollstein, Milton (December 30, 1991). "Co-Columnist Gets Off The 'Merry Go-Round'". Deseret News. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- "WSC Talk Thursday by Dale Van Atta, A D.C. Columnist". Deseret News. May 24, 1988. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- Meyer, Delbert H. (December 1998). "Trust Betrayed — Inside the AARP by Dale Van Atta". Medical Sentinel. Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. 3 (6): 228. Retrieved October 12, 2013 – via Hacienda Publishing.
- Q and A with Dale Van Atta, an LDS Expert on Terrorism from Meridian Magazine
- Press kit for With Honor
- Author page at Harper's Magazine
- Ford Library link for a set of documents that Mr. Van Atta donated
|This article about a novelist of the United States born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|