This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
James Marshall (Dalek)
May 22, 1968
|Education||Virginia Commonwealth University, School of the Art Institute of Chicago|
|Known for||Painting, Design, Muralist|
|Movement||Contemporary art, Urban art|
James Marshall (born May 22, 1968), also known as Dalek, is an American artist and designer based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Dalek has published two books featuring his artwork and been included in many other books and magazines. His artwork has appeared on a wide variety of media, including sneakers, sculptures, and a Scion car.
Perhaps Dalek's most recognizable work is his Space Monkey, a "grinning and malevolent" character, his own vision of a human being.
- "Dalek - Violent Pacification: An Exclusive Exhibition". 2006. Archived from the original on October 22, 2006. Retrieved 2009-06-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Adams, Cey; Adler, Bill (2008). DEFinition: The Art and Design of Hip-Hop. HarperCollins. p. 21. ISBN 9780061438851. Retrieved 4 September 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Dalek. Sonic Order Of Happiness. Brooklyn: powerHouse, 2005. ISBN 1-57687-247-5
- Marshall, James and Roger Gastman. Dalek Nickel-Plated Angels. Berkeley: Gingko Press, 2003. ISBN 978-1-58423-143-1
- Marshall, James. His Majesty Fallacy. Drago Publishing, 2009. ISBN 978-88-88493-49-7