|Census division||No. 6|
|Municipal district||Rocky View County|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
Established in 1913 with the CPR line, Dalemead was originally named Strathmead but after some confusion with the nearby Town of Strathmore, the name was changed to Dalemead. The present name is derived from the nearby dale, and the last name of Dr. Ellwood Mead.
As a designated place in the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, Dalemead recorded a population of 30 living in 13 of its 13 total private dwellings, a change of 15.4% from its 2011 population of 26. With a land area of 0.1 km2 (0.039 sq mi), it had a population density of 300.0/km2 (777.0/sq mi) in 2016.
Rocky View County's 2013 municipal census counted a population of 27 in Dalemead, a -12.9% change from its 2006 municipal census population of 31.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- Place-names of Alberta. Ottawa: Geographic Board of Canada. 1928. p. 40.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- "County Census Identifies Divisional Population Changes". Rocky View County. September 23, 2013. Retrieved September 23, 2013.
- Karamitsanis, Aphrodite (1992). Place Names of Alberta – Volume II, Southern Alberta, University of Calgary Press, Calgary, Alberta.
- Read, Tracey (1983). Acres and Empires – A History of the Municipal District of Rocky View, Calgary, Alberta.
|This Calgary Metropolitan Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|