|• Mayor||Jyoti Gondek|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Terry Wong|
|• Total||3.34 km2 (1.29 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,135 m (3,724 ft)|
|• Density||2,724.0/km2 (7,055/sq mi)|
|• Average Income||$59,298|
|Website||Dalhousie Community Association|
Dalhousie is a neighbourhood in the northwest area of Calgary. It is bounded to the north by John Laurie Boulevard, to the east by Shaganappi Trail, to the south by Crowchild Trail and to the west by Sarcee Trail.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Dalhousie had a population of 9,085 living in 3,739 dwellings, a 1.9% increase from its 2011 population of 8,917. With a land area of 3.3 km2 (1.3 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,750/km2 (7,130/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $59,298 in 2000, and there were 17.1% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 24.1% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 25.1% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 26.8% were used for renting.
As of 2006, there are four schools in the district: Dalhousie Elementary School, West Dalhousie Elementary School and H.D. Cartwright Junior High School in the public system, and St. Dominic in the Separate (Catholic) system. Students in Dalhousie continue on to Sir Winston Churchill High School in the public system, or St. Francis High School in the Catholic system.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary. "Calgary Snapshots 2011" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-02.[permanent dead link]
- City of Calgary (2006). "Dalhousie Community Statistics" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- Rampant Scotland. "Scottish Place Names in Calgary". Retrieved 2007-05-15.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 1, 2020. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 2 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-05-08.