|Commenced operations||26 December 2011|
|Operating bases||Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Phoenix Miles|
|Parent company||Air China (80%)|
|Headquarters||Dalian, Liaoning, China|
|Key people||Zhao Xiaohang (Chairman)|
Dalian Airlines Co Ltd is an airline based at Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport in Dalian, Liaoning, China. It is jointly owned by Air China, investing RMB 800 million in cash to hold an 80% stake in the new company, and Dalian Baoshui Zhengtong Co, investing RMB 200 million for the remaining 20%. Dalian Airlines provides both passenger and cargo services. The airline launched operations on 31 December 2011.
On 5 July 2011, CAAC, China's civil aviation regulator, granted Air China and Dalian Baoshui Zhengtong Co permission to establish Dalian Airlines Co Ltd. This follows an agreement reached between Air China and the Dalian government in 2010.
The government of Dalian had closed a similar deal with HNA Group, parent of Hainan Airlines, before. However, due to disagreement between the two parties, the deal was abandoned later, opening the door for Air China.
The airline has launched commercial operations effective 31 December 2011; its first flight was from Dalian to Shenzhen.
The airline will serve a domestic network linking its Dalian hub with all Chinese provincial capitals, coastal cities, and tourism destinations. Internationally, Dalian Airlines will operate flights to Japan and South Korea.
Current routes are listed below (as of June 2012):
|China||Beijing||Beijing Capital International Airport|
|China||Dalian||Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport||Hub|
|China||Hangzhou||Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport|
|China||Xi'an||Xi'an Xianyang International Airport|
- "CAAC approves Air China's launch of Dalian Airlines". Air Transport World. 6 July 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- "Air China approved to set up Dalian Airlines". Asia Today. 8 July 2011. Archived from the original on 26 March 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-02-09. Retrieved 2012-01-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Dalian Airlines project awaits approval". China Civil Aviation Maintenance. 22 November 2010. Archived from the original on 26 March 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- "Global Airline Guide 2019 (Part One)". Airliner World. October 2019: 11.
- "Dalian Airlines Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. 23 August 2018. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dalian Airlines.|
|This article relating to an Asian airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|