Dalian Hi-Tech Zone
Dalian Hi-tech Zone (Chinese: 大连高新技术产业园区 or 大连高新区) or DHZ is an industrial district in the western suburb of Dalian City, Liaoning Province, China. It spreads about 30 kilometers along Lushun South Road and Guoshui Highway in Shahekou District and Lushunkou District, where the world's high technology companies and organizations are situated.
The construction of DHZ started in 1991. Dalian Software Park was added in 1998. The second phase of Dalian Software Park was kicked off in 2003 at the site of Dalian Ascendas IT Park, which officially opened in 2007. DHZ is often called "Lushun South Road Software Industry Belt".
IT Parks in Dalian Hi-tech Zone
The whole area of Dalian Hi-tech Zone is under the control of Dalian Hi-tech Industrial Zone Administrative Committee, but all parks therein, except Dalian Hi-tech Zone and Animation Industry Base, written below, are managed by private enterprises. They are from east to west:
Dalian Software Park
- Name: Dalian Software Park (大连软件园) 
- Established: 1998
- Managed by Dalian Software Park Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Yida Group
- Address: No. 1, Digital Square, Dalian, Liaoning, China (大连市数码广场1号)
- Area Size: 3 km²
- No. of companies: 500
- For example, Accenture, Genpact, HP, IBM (moving to Dalian Tiandi Software Park), Sony、Panasonic, NEC, Softbank, NEC, etc.
Lingshui Bay General Headquarters
Now being reclaimed from the Yellow Sea
Qixianling Modern Service Industry Area
- Name: Qixianling Modern Service Industry Nucleus Function Area (七贤岭现代服务业核心功能区) 
- This area is often called "Dalian Hi-tech Zone" in its narrow sense.
- Established: 1991
- Managed by: Dalian Hi-tech Industrial Zone Administrative Committee
- Address: No. 1, Gaoxin Street, Qixianling Industrial Base, Dalian, Liaoning, China (大连市高新技术产业园七贤岭产业化基地高新街1号)
- Area Size: 2 km²
- No. of companies: 800
- For example, Dalian Hi-Think Computer, Citibank, Dell, HiSoft Technology International, NHN Corporation, etc.
Animation Industry Base
- Managed by: Dalian Hi-tech Industrial Zone Digital Entertainment Administrative Office
- Companies: 110
For example, Crystal Digital Technology (水晶石数字科技), etc.
Hekou International Software Park
- Managed by Hekou Village
- Companies: Yidatec
Dalian Ascendas IT Park
- Name: Dalian Ascendas IT Park (大连软件园腾飞园区) 
- Established: 2007
- Managed by DLSP Ascendas Co., Ltd., a joint venture of Ascendas Corp. of Singapore and Dalian Software Park Co., Ltd.
- Address: No. 1, Huixianyuan, Dalian Hi-tech Zone, Dalian, Liaoning, China (大连市高新园区汇贤园1号)
- Area Size: No. 1 Bldg. (100,000 m²) & No. 2 Bldg. (100,000 m²) See this guide map.
- No. of companies: 59
Neusoft Group International Software Park
Dalian Tiandi Software Park
- Name: Dalian Tiandi Software Park (大连天地软件园) 
- Established: 2010
- Area Size: Jinhuai Building (30,000 m²). See the area map in Project Introduction (Beware of music!).
- Managed by DLSP Shui On Development Co., Ltd., a joint venture of Shui On Land and Dalian Software Park Co., Ltd.
- Address: No. 33, Hongchuan East Rd., Dalian Hi-tech Zone, Dalian, Liaoning, China (大连市高新园区宏川东路33号)
- No. of Companies: 13
Yingge Software Park
Longtou Technology Park
- Roads: China National Highway 201 (also called Lushun South Road). 30 minutes by taxi from the hotels on Renming Road, downtown Dalian, to the Dalian Hi-tech Zone Administrative Committee.
- City bus: Nos. 3, 10, 28, 531 and other lines
- Dalian-Lushun bus: From the north and south exits of Dalian Railway Station
- Tramway: No. 202 line (Shahekou Railway Station to Xiaopingdao). Being extended via Huangnichuan and Longwangtang to Lushun New Port.
- Dalian Subway: No. 1 line (under construction)
- Railway: 30 minutes by taxi from Dalian Railway Station
- Air: 30 minutes by taxi from Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport
- Sea: 40 minutes by taxi from Dalian Port. Yacht harbors in Xinghai Square, in front of Dalian Maritime University, and the Xiaopingdao reclaimed area.
There are universities and research centers in this area, where about half of all the universities of Dalian are located. From east to west are:
- Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics
- Dalian Ocean University
- Dongbei University of Finance and Economics
- Dalian Maritime University
- Software and IT Service Training Base of Ambow Education Group (安博教育集团), Beijing
- Dalian University of Foreign Languages
- Dalian Medical University
Dalian University of Technology's Library
- Downtown and central business district on Renmin Road
- Shangri-La, Furama, New World, Ramada, Nikko, Kempinski, Dalian Civil Aviation (Daiwa Royal)  and other hotels
- Dalian World Financial Center at Xinghai Square
- Howard Johnson's hotel
- Dalian Hi-tech Zone
- Xinbandao Hotel (欣半岛酒店)
- Many Chinese restaurants (including Maizi Dawang on Shuma Road)
- Western food restaurants (including West Coast coffee shop. There are also KFC, McDonald's and Pizza Hut fastfood restaurants.)
- Japanese food restaurants (including Momiji and Kappo Shimizu)
- Korean food restaurants (including Kaicheng and Shengdao)
- Cafeterias in major buildings, run by local Dalianite, British and French catering companies
- More expensive: Residencies at Shangri-La, Furama, Ramada, Nikko, Kempinski and other hotels
- Less expensive: International New Village in Dalian Software Park, Guigu Jiari (Silicon Valley Holiday) on Lushun South Road, etc.
- Hypermarkets: Dashang Group's Newmart in Heishijiao, Walmart on Shuma Road, and Carrefour, Mykal on Xi'an Road Commercial Zone & Qingniwaqiao and Tesco in Heping Square.
In Dalian City, there are:
- Municipal Bilingual School (Chinese/English)
- Dalian Maple Leaf International School (English), Japanese School (at Fujiazhuang) and Korean School (in Dalian Development Area)
- No. 2 Hospital, attached to Dalian Medical University
Parks, Mountains and Seas
Hi-tech Parks in Other Areas of Dalian
There are other parks, often called the "hi-tech zones" of Dalian.
Dalian BEST City (大连生态科技创新城)  is located along Lushun North Road.
- Dalian Hi-tech Zone (Baidu Encyclopedia) (in Chinese)
- Dalian Hi-tech Zone (Hudong Encyclopedia) (in Chinese)
- Investment Promotion Bureau, Dalian Hi-tech Zone Administrative Committee Archived 2012-03-25 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- Dalian Software Park (Investment Promotion Bureau, DHZ) (in Chinese)
- Qixianling Modern Service Industry Nucleus Function Area (Investment Promotion Bureau, DHZ) (in Chinese)
- Dalian Ascendas IT Park (in Chinese)
- Infosys China Signs an MoU with Dalian High-tech Zone Government
- Dalian Tiandi Software Park (Investment Promotion Bureau, DHZ) (in Chinese)
- Furama Hotel Dalian
- Daiwa Royal Hotel
- Dalian is building its BEST city (China Daily)
- "Jinzhou New District". Archived from the original on 2013-07-16. Retrieved 2012-03-26.