Dalin Township in Chiayi County
|Location||Chiayi County, Taiwan|
|• Total||64 km2 (25 sq mi)|
|• Density||480/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
Dalin Township (Chinese: 大林鎮; pinyin: Dàlín Zhèn; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Tōa-nâ) is an urban township in Chiayi County, Taiwan. To the east is Meishan, to the south Minxiong and to the north Yunlin County. Dalin TzuChi General Hospital (大林慈濟醫院) is located here.
The township was formerly down as Dapulin since the Qing Dynasty rule. The first name who came to this area was a Cantonese person. Afterwards, many Han Chinese migrated to the area from Guangdong and Fujian. Most of them worked in the forest. During the Japanese rule, the government set up a sugar factory in the area.
It has a population of 32,159 in 11,388 households.
The township comprises 21 villages: Damei, Datang, Goubei, Guoxi, Hubei, Jilin, Minghe, Minghua, Neilin, Pailu, Pinglin, Sancun, Sanhe, Sanjiao, Shanglin, Tunglin, Xijie, Xilin, Yihe, Zhongkeng and Zhonglin.
There are in total about 2,600 hectares of farmland in the township. Agriculture produce in the township are rice, bamboo shoots, oranges, tangerines, pineapples and orchids. The total annual food production is 12,000 tons.
- Nanhua University
- Chung Jen Junior College of Nursing, Health Science and Management
- Chiayi County Tungji high school
- Chester Chou, Deputy Secretary-General of the Legislative Yuan (1999-2014)
- Brigitte Lin, actress
- Hsu Nai-lin, TV host, actor, and singer
- Sylvia Chang, actress, writer, singer, producer and director
- "廠商資訊". dapumei.cyhg.gov.tw. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "The Legislative Yuan Republic of China". Webarchive.ncl.edu.tw. Retrieved 2014-04-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dalin Township, Chiayi County.|
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|