Dalisandus in Pamphylia
It was situated near Lake Seydişehri in Turkey.
This Dalisandus is not mentioned in the Synecdemus, which does mention another Dalisandus in Isauria. However, it is included in the Notitiae Episcopatuum of the Patriarchate of Constantinople as a suffragan see of Side, the capital of the late Roman province of Pamphylia Prima.
It is vacant for decades, having had the following incumbents of the fitting Episcopal (lowest) rank:
- Bishop-elect Gérard-Paul-Louis-Marie de Milleville, Holy Ghost Fathers (C.S.Sp.) (1955.05.08 – 1955.09.14), as Apostolic Vicar of Conakry (Guinea) (1955.05.08 – 1955.09.14), promoted first Metropolitan Archbishop of above Conakry (1955.09.14 – 1962.03.10), also Apostolic Administrator of Apostolic Prefecture of Kankan (Guinea) (1957 – 1958.12.14); later Titular Archbishop of Gabala (1962.03.10 – 2007.01.12) as Auxiliary Bishop of Fortaleza (Brazil) (1967 – 1984) and Apostolic Administrator of Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe, French Antilles) (1968.01.29 – 1970.10.05), died 2007
- Rudolf Johannes Maria Koppmann, Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate (O.M.I.) (1957.01.26 – 2007.06.24) as Coadjutor Apostolic Vicar of Windhoek (Namibia) (1957.01.26 – 1961.03.20) and having succeeded as Apostolic Vicar of above Windhoek (1961.03.20 – retired 1980.11.29), died 2007.
- Hild, Friedrich. "Dalisandus". BrillOnline. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Annuario Pontificio 2013 (Libreria Editrice Vaticana 2013 ISBN 978-88-209-9070-1), p. 879
- Raymond Janin, v. 2. Dalisandos, in Dictionnaire d'Histoire et de Géographie ecclésiastiques, vol. XIV, 1960, coll. 26-27
- J. Darrouzès, Notitiae episcopatuum Ecclesiae Constantinopolitanae, 1981
Sources and references
- Raymond Janin, lemma '2. Dalisandos', in Dictionnaire d'Histoire et de Géographie ecclésiastiques, vol. XIV, 1960, coll. 26-27