Dall'alto dell'Apostolico Seggio
|Dall'alto dell'Apostolico Seggio|
Italian for 'From the height of the Apostolic Throne'
Encyclical letter of Pope Leo XIII
|Date||15 October 1890|
|Subject||On Freemasonry in Italy|
|Number||34 of 85 of the pontificate|
Pope Leo XIII's papal encyclical on the subject of Freemasonry in Italy, known both by its Italian incipit Dall'alto dell'Apostolico Seggio and its Latin incipit Ab apostolici Solii celsitudine, was a promulgated on 15 October 1890.
It dealt with Freemasonry in Italy, condemning the contemporary course of public affairs in Italy as the realization of the "Masonic programme". This "programme" was said to involve a "deadly hatred of the Church", the abolition of religious instruction in schools and the absolute independence of civil society from clerical influence.
- Catholicism and Freemasonry
- Christianity and Freemasonry
- Declaration concerning status of Catholics becoming Freemasons
- List of encyclicals of Pope Leo XIII
- Papal documents relating to Freemasonry
- Leo XIII, Pope (1890-10-15). "Dall'alto dell'Apostolico Seggio". vatican.va.
- Papal Pronouncements, A Guide, 1740 - 1978, 2 Vols., by Claudia Carlen, IHM, (The Pierian Press, 1990), cited in McInvale, Reid (c. 1992) [presented 1992-06-13]. "Roman Catholic Church law regarding Freemasonry". Transactions. Waco, TX: Texas Lodge of Research A.F. & A.M. 27. OCLC 10269407. Archived from the original on 1999-01-27 – via a personal website.
|This article related to an official document of the Catholic Church is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Freemasonry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|