Dallas Black Pride
Dallas Black Pride (also known as DBP or Dallas Southern Pride) is an annual five-day event to celebrate the growth of the black LGBT Community in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The event has been in existence since 1996. It's held in conjunction with the State Fair of Texas and State Fair Classic in Dallas every fall (late September/early October). Dallas Her Pride is the official women's host of Dallas Black Pride. Annually, approximately 15,000 people participate in the planned pride events.
Juneteenth Weekend is traditionally the first black gay pride event of the year in Dallas. As with the official black pride in October, there are many visitors, along with special events and celebrations to empower the black LGBT community in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
- African-American LGBT community
- African Americans in Dallas-Ft. Worth
- LGBT culture in Dallas–Fort Worth
- Black gay pride
- Counter, Jr., Michael. "Dallas Black Pride: Moving Forward". Dallas South News. Retrieved 3 January 2014.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Spillman joins RCD board". Dallas Voice. 24 May 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2014.