Dallas City Township, Hancock County, Illinois
|Dallas City Township|
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|• Total||15.5 sq mi (40 km2)|
|• Land||15.37 sq mi (39.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.84%|
|Elevation||659 ft (201 m)|
|• Density||64.8/sq mi (25.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62330, 62358|
|GNIS feature ID||0428870|
Dallas City Township is one of twenty-five townships in Hancock County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 996 and it contained 502 housing units. It was formed from Pontoosuc Township in 1860.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 15.5 square miles (40 km2), of which 15.37 square miles (39.8 km2) (or 99.16%) is land and 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) (or 0.84%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Dallas City (south half)
- Colusa at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Harris Cemetery.
- Nauvoo-Colusa Community Unit School District 325
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles[permanent dead link]
- "Dallas City Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Green Bay Township, Lee County, Iowa||Lomax Township, Henderson County|
|Pontoosuc Township||Durham Township|
|Rock Creek Township||Pilot Grove Township|