|No. 88 – Philadelphia Eagles|
|Born:||January 3, 1995|
Havana, North Dakota
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||256 lb (116 kg)|
(Britton, South Dakota)
|College:||South Dakota State|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 2 / Pick: 49|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
Dallas Clayton Goedert (born January 3, 1995) is an American football tight end for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at South Dakota State, and was drafted by the Eagles in the second round of the 2018 NFL Draft.
Goedert joined South Dakota State University as a walk-on and was with the Jackrabbits from 2013 (he was redshirted as a freshman) to 2017. During his career, he had 198 receptions for 2,988 yards and 21 touchdowns, including two straight 1,000-yard receiving seasons. He started all 14 games in his senior season and was a team captain, totaling 72 catches for 1,111 yards receiving and seven touchdowns. Goedert's collegiate career at South Dakota State saw him as a two-time first team FCS All-American and he was a finalist in 2016 for the Walter Payton Award, which recognizes the top player in the FCS. At the conclusion of the 2017 season, Goedert accepted an invitation to play in the 2018 Senior Bowl. However, he was injured during practice and withdrew from the game.
|NFL Draft Profile: Dallas Goedert|
This section needs to be updated.January 2020)(
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|6 ft 4 5⁄8 in
|34 7⁄8 in
|10 1⁄4 in
|4.67 s||4.31 s||7.02 s||35 in
|10 ft 1 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
The Philadelphia Eagles selected Goedert in the second round (49th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft. The Eagles traded their second (52nd overall) and fifth round picks (169th overall) to the Indianapolis Colts in order to move up in the second round, ahead of the Dallas Cowboys (50th overall), to draft Goedert. It was speculated by draft analysts that the Dallas Cowboys were going to possibly draft Goedert as they were in need of a tight end following the retirement of veterans Jason Witten and James Hanna. Goedert was the third tight end drafted in 2018 and was selected as a replacement for Brent Celek who the Eagles released on March 13, 2018.
|Eagles draft Dallas Goedert 49th overall|
|Instant Draft Grade: Dallas Goedert|
On May 9, 2018, the Philadelphia Eagles signed Goedert to a four-year, $5.62 million contract that includes $2.90 guaranteed and a signing bonus of $2.17 million. Goedert made his NFL debut in the 2018 season opener against the Atlanta Falcons. In the 18–12 victory, he had a single reception for four yards. He scored his first career touchdown, a 13-yard reception from Carson Wentz, on September 23, 2018 against the Indianapolis Colts. The touchdown as part of a seven-reception, 73-yard performance for Goedert. He scored a receiving touchdown in both Week 7 against the Carolina Panthers and Week 8 against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Overall, Goedert finished his rookie season with 33 receptions for 334 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns. In the Wild Card Round of the playoffs, in a 16–15 victory over the Chicago Bears, Goedert caught a 10-yard pass in the end zone from Eagles quarterback Nick Foles. The touchdown gave the Eagles a 10-6 lead, on their way to an upset 16-15 win in Chicago. Goedert also made a good play in catching a low pass, breaking a tackle, and running for a first down on another ten yard reception, during the Eagles' winning TD drive.
In Week 16 of the 2019 season, Goedert recorded a career high nine receptions for a career-high 91 yards and one touchdown in a 17–9 victory over the Dallas Cowboys while also being nominated for PFF NFL Week 16 Team of the Week. In a must-win week 17 game against the New York Giants, Goedert contributed to an Eagles victory after recording four receptions for 65 yards during the 34-17 victory which clinched the NFC East title for the second time within three seasons. Goedert finished the regular season with 58 receptions for five touchdowns and 607 yards. In the Wild Card Round against the Seattle Seahawks, Goedert recorded seven receptions for 76 yards during a 17-9 loss.
- "Dallas Goedert, Britton-Hecla, Basketball". Aberdeen News. Archived from the original on January 17, 2018. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- "Britton-Hecla High School Football". MaxPreps.com. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Zimmer, Matt (August 4, 2017). "SDSU tight ends: Goedert prepares for spotlight". The Clarion Ledger. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- Peterson, Eric (December 6, 2016). "Goedert having 'dream' season for South Dakota State". Grand Forks Herald. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- Zimmer, Matt (October 22, 2017). "SDSU notebook: Goedert getting healthy, returning to form". Argus Leader. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- Goodbread, Chase (October 25, 2017). "Super Sleeper: Is Dallas Goedert NFL's next matchup nightmare?". NFL.com. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- "Goedert Selected to Play in Senior Bowl". gojacks.com. November 13, 2017. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- "Dallas Goedert: Out for Senior Bowl with hamstring injury". CBS Sports. January 24, 2018. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "Dallas Goedert, DS #1 TE, South Dakota State". draftscout.com. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Dallas Goedert". NFL.com. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- Grant, Marcas (April 27, 2018). "David Akers trolls Cowboys fans while drafting Goedert". NFL.com. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- Teope, Herbie (April 27, 2018). "Double trouble TEs? Eagles select Dallas Goedert". NFL.com. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "2018 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Eagles trade up, pick TE Dallas Goedert with No. 43 pick". 6abc.com. April 17, 2018. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- Teope, Herbie (April 27, 2018). "Double trouble TEs? Eagles select Dallas Goedert". NFL.com. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- "Spotrac.com: Dallas Goedert contract". Spotrac.com. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- "Eagles' Dallas Goedert: Sees just 17 snaps in debut". CBSSports.com. September 7, 2018. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Carson Wentz leads Eagles to 20-16 comeback win over Colts". ESPN.com. Associated Press. September 23, 2018. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- "Late Touchdown Pass Seals Panthers' Comeback Win Against Eagles". WFMY. Associated Press. October 21, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "Wentz threw 3 TD passes as Eagles defeated Jaguars 24-18". USA TODAY. Associated Press. October 28, 2018. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- "Dallas Goedert 2018 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- Rasmussen, Karl (January 6, 2019). "VIDEO: Dallas Goedert Puts Eagles on Top of Bears With First TD of Game". 12up.com. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- Janower, Jacob (January 7, 2019). "Eagles vs. Bears results: Score, highlights from Eagles' win on Cody Parkey's missed field goal". sportingnews.com. Sporting News. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- "Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles - December 22nd, 2019". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- "Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants - December 29th, 2019". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- "Dallas Goedert 2019 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- "Wild Card - Seattle Seahawks at Philadelphia Eagles - January 5th, 2020". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved March 26, 2020.