|No. 88 – Philadelphia Eagles|
|Born:||January 3, 1995|
Britton, South Dakota
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||260 lb (118 kg)|
(Britton, South Dakota)
|College:||South Dakota State|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 2 / Pick: 49|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2018|
Dallas Clayton Goedert (born January 3, 1995) is an American football tight end for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at South Dakota State, and was drafted by the Eagles in the second round of the 2018 NFL Draft.
Goedert joined South Dakota State University as a walk-on and was with the Jackrabbits from 2013 (he was redshirted as a freshman) to 2017. During his career, he had 198 receptions for 2,988 yards and 21 touchdowns, including two straight 1,000-yard receiving seasons. He started all 14 games in his senior season and was a team captain, totaling 72 catches for 1,111 yards receiving and seven touchdowns. Goedert's collegiate career at South Dakota State saw him as a two-time first team FCS All-American and he was a finalist in 2016 for the Walter Payton Award, which recognizes the top player in the FCS. At the conclusion of the 2017 season, Goedert accepted an invitation to play in the 2018 Senior Bowl. However, he was injured during practice and withdrew from the game.
|NFL Draft Profile: Dallas Goedert|
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 4 5⁄8 in
|34 7⁄8 in
|10 1⁄4 in
|4.67 s||4.31 s||7.02 s||35 in
|10 ft 1 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
The Philadelphia Eagles selected Goedert in the second round (49th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft. The Eagles traded their second (52nd overall) and fifth round picks (169th overall) to the Indianapolis Colts in order to move up in the second round, ahead of the Dallas Cowboys (50th overall), to draft Goedert. It was speculated by draft analysts that the Dallas Cowboys were going to possibly draft Goedert as they were in need of a tight end following the retirement of veterans Jason Witten and James Hanna. Goedert was the third tight end drafted in 2018 and was selected as a replacement for Brent Celek who the Eagles released on March 13, 2018.
|Eagles draft Dallas Goedert 49th overall|
|Instant Draft Grade: Dallas Goedert|
On May 9, 2018, the Philadelphia Eagles signed Goedert to a four-year, $5.62 million contract that includes $2.90 guaranteed and a signing bonus of $2.17 million. Goedert made his NFL debut in the 2018 season opener against the Atlanta Falcons. In the 18–12 victory, he had a single reception for four yards. He scored his first career touchdown, a 13-yard reception from Carson Wentz, on September 23, 2018 against the Indianapolis Colts. The touchdown as part of a seven-reception, 73-yard performance for Goedert. He scored a receiving touchdown in both Week 7 against the Carolina Panthers and Week 8 against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- "Dallas Goedert, Britton-Hecla, Basketball". Aberdeen News. Retrieved 2018-10-06.
- "Britton-Hecla High School Football". MaxPreps.com. Retrieved 2018-12-05.
- "SDSU tight ends: Goedert prepares for spotlight". The Clarion Ledger. Retrieved 2018-10-06.
- "Goedert having 'dream' season for South Dakota State". Grand Forks Herald. Retrieved 2018-10-06.
- Zimmer, Matt. "SDSU notebook: Goedert getting healthy, returning to form". Argus Leader. Retrieved 2018-10-06.
- "Super Sleeper: Is Dallas Goedert NFL's next matchup nightmare?". NFL.com. Retrieved 2018-10-06.
- "Goedert Selected to Play in Senior Bowl". gojacks.com. November 13, 2017. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- RotoWire Staff (January 24, 2018). "Dallas Goedert: Out for Senior Bowl with hamstring injury". CBS Sports. Retrieved January 26, 2018.
- "Dallas Goedert, DS #1 TE, South Dakota State". draftscout.com. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Dallas Goedert". NFL.com. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- Grant, Marcas (April 27, 2018). "David Akers trolls Cowboys fans while drafting Goedert". NFL.com.
- Teope, Herbie (April 27, 2018). "Double trouble TEs? Eagles select Dallas Goedert". NFL.com. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "2018 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Eagles trade up, pick TE Dallas Goedert with No. 43 pick". 6abc.com. April 17, 2018. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- Teope, Herbie (April 27, 2018). "Double trouble TEs? Eagles select Dallas Goedert". NFL.com. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- "Spotrac.com: Dallas Goedert contract". Spotrac.com. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- "Eagles' Dallas Goedert: Sees just 17 snaps in debut". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Carson Wentz leads Eagles to 20-16 comeback win over Colts". ESPN.com. Associated Press. September 23, 2018.
- "Late Touchdown Pass Seals Panthers' Comeback Win Against Eagles". WFMY. Retrieved 2018-12-05.
- "Wentz threw 3 TD passes as Eagles defeated Jaguars 24-18". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2018-12-05.