Dallas High School (Texas)
Dallas High School Historic District
Dallas High School building in 2018
|Location||2218 Bryan St.,|
|Area||5.4 acres (2.2 ha)|
|Built by||J.V. Chrisman and J.Y. Nesbit|
|Architect||Lang & Witchell; Greene, LaRoche, & Dahl|
|Architectural style||Art Deco|
|NRHP reference #||96000035|
|Added to NRHP||February 20, 1996|
|Designated DLMK||December 13, 2000|
Dallas High School, commonly referred to as Crozier Tech, is a former public secondary school in Dallas, Texas. It is the alma mater of several notable Americans, including former U.S. Attorney General and U.S. Supreme Court Justice Tom C. Clark.
Dallas High School changed names several times, becoming Main High School in 1916, Bryan Street High School in 1917, Dal-Tech High School in 1928, Crozier Technical High School in 1942, and Business Magnet School in 1976. The school closed in 1995.
National Register historic district
- Auditorium and Classroom Building, 1907
- Girls' Gymnasium and Manual Training Building, 1919-1920
- Classroom Building, 1930
- Arts and Science Building, 1941
- Boys' Gymnasium and Dressing Room, 1954
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)
- National Park Service (2013-11-02). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Madeleine B. Johnson (December 13, 2000). "Ordinance No. 24469" (PDF). City of Dallas. Retrieved August 2, 2018.
- Rumbley, Rose-Mary (1984). A Century of Class: Public Education in Dallas. Austin, Tex.: Eakin Press. ISBN 9780890154571.
- Alton Delora Lewis (January 16, 1996). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Dallas High School Historic District" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved August 2, 2018.
Media related to Dallas High School Historic District at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a property in Texas on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a high school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|