|Founder||Vin Prothro (CEO)|
|Fate||Acquired by Maxim Integrated|
|Website||No longer exists|
Dallas Semiconductor, acquired by Maxim Integrated in 2002 for $2.5 billion, then acquired by Analog Devices in 2021, was a company that designed and manufactured analog, digital, and mixed-signal semiconductors (integrated circuits, or ICs). Its specialties included communications products (including T/E and Ethernet products), microcontrollers, battery management, thermal sensing and thermal management, non-volatile random-access memory, microprocessor supervisors, delay lines, silicon oscillators, digital potentiometers, real-time clocks, temperature-compensated crystal oscillators (TCXOs), iButton, and 1-Wire products.
The company, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1984 and purchased by Maxim Integrated Products in 2001. Both the Maxim and Dallas Semiconductor brands were actively used until 2007. Since then, the Maxim name has been used for all new products, though the Dallas Semiconductor brand has been retained for some older products, which can be identified by "DS" at the beginning of their part numbers, for example the 1-Wire communications protocol devices.
- "Maxim buys Dallas Semi for $2.5 bln". CNET. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- EETimes (2001-04-11). "EETimes - Maxim completes acquisition of Dallas Semiconductor". EETimes. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- "Newsroom Archive | Maxim Integrated". www.maximintegrated.com. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- Bachiochi, Jeff (2021-08-01). "Putting 1-Wire Protocol into Action". Circuit Cellar. Archived from the original on 2022-03-02. Retrieved 2022-03-02.
- "Site Search | Maxim Integrated". www.maximintegrated.com. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- "8051 Instruction Set Manual: 8051 Instruction Set Manual". www.keil.com. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- "DS80C320 High-Speed/Low-Power Microcontrollers - Maxim Integrated". www.maximintegrated.com. Retrieved 2021-06-21.
- "Analog Devices Completes Acquisition of Maxim Integrated". Analog Devices. 2021-08-26. Archived from the original on 2023-04-23. Retrieved 2023-07-21.