Dalma Garden Mall
|Opening date||October 2012|
|No. of stores and services||116|
|Total retail floor area||43,500 square metres (468,000 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||3|
Dalma Garden Mall is an enclosed shopping mall located near the Tsitsernakaberd hill in the Armenian capital Yerevan. It is the first mall opened in Armenia. The project was announced in 2009, and the mall opened in October 2012.
A planned Carrefour hypermarket, which would have been the first in the country, reportedly fell through in February 2013 due to political corruption, because politician Samvel Aleksanyan's import business would be damaged by the competition. The United States Ambassador to Armenia, John A. Heffern, has indicated that competition should be permitted and the store opened. A hypermarket from the Armenian "Yerevan City" chain was opened instead. However, Carrefour hypermarket was eventually opened in 2015, in the Yerevan Mall.
The mall is home to one of the largest jewelry centres in Yerevan.
On 18 November 2013, the "Cinema Star" multiplex cinema theatre was opened in the mall. "Cinema Star" is a Russian chain of cinemas that entered the Armenian market through its 6 halls in the Dalma Garden Mall. The multiplex is served by the Michael’s café-restaurant.
The mall has a number of cafes and restaurants as well as a food court. It also has a bowling centre and the "Play Lab" children's playground.
Dalma Garden Mall is home to major international brands entering the Armenian market, including:
- Pull & Bear
- U.S. Polo Assn.
- Miss Selfridge
- Gerry Weber
- Massimo Dutti
- LC Waikiki
- Marks & Spencer
- New Look
- Armani Exchange
- La Senza
- Charles & Keith
- Steve Madden
- Yves Rocher
- Tape à l'oeil
- Roberto Piraloff
- Yerevan City retailers
- Basic Center retailers
- Rio Galleria retailers
- (23 October 2009). From Dalma gardens to Dalma Mall: Armenian company launches the construction of the biggest shopping center in Yerevan, ArmeniaNow.com
- Dalma Garden Mall opening, Repat Armenia
- (20 October 2012). Dalma Garden Mall shopping and entertainment center opens in Yerevan, Panarmenian.net
- (22 October 2012). Over 25 international brands represented in Dalma Garden Mall in Yerevan, ARKA News Agency
- (10 October 2012).President Serzh Sargsyan attended the opening ceremony of the Dalma Garden Mall compound and visited the Armprodexpo exhibition, President.am
- (5 February 2013). Zhamanak: Armenia turns down Carrefour hypermarket chain, News.am
- (6 February 2013). French retailer Carrefour is being driven away from Armenian market by efforts of oligarch importers, Oratert.com
- (6 February 2013). US Ambassador tweets for Carrefour in Armenia, ArmeniaNow.com
- Cinema Star is open at the Dalma Garden Mall
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Dalma Garden Mall.|