|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Asansol|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Pandaveswar|
The Asansol-Durgapur region is composed of undulating latterite soil. This area lies between two mighty rivers – the Damodar and the Ajay. They flow almost parallel to each other in the region – the average distance between the two rivers is around 30 km. For ages the area was heavily forested and infested with plunderers and marauders. The discovery of coal led to industrialisation of the area and most of the forests have been cleared.
As per the 2011 Census of India Dalurbandh had a total population of 15,107, of which 7,978 (53%) were males and 7,129 (47%) were females. Population below 6 years was 1,951. The total number of literates in Dalurbandh was 9,475 (77.02% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Dalurband had a population of 14,978. Males constitute 56% of the population and females 44%. Dalurband has an average literacy rate of 59%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68% and, female literacy is 47%. In Dalurband, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Collieries in the Pandaveswar Area of Eastern Coalfields are: Madaipur, Mandarbani, Nutandanga, Pandaveswar, Dalurbandh, Kendra, Samla, South Samla, Khottadih, Kankartala, Dalurbandh OCP, Palasthali OCP and Gangaramchak OCP.
Dalurband has two primary schools.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (Bengali), Vol I, pp 14-15, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Coalmining impact on the Enviroment" (PDF). Chapter V: Table 5.2. shodganga.infibnet. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- 7th All-India School Education Survey 2003