October 10, 1990 |
Brooklyn, New York
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Hair color||Naturally Brown|
Damaris Lewis (born October 10, 1990) is an American model who appeared in the 2009, 2010, and 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues. Lewis was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. She studied with a conservatory-style arts concentration in dance at Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts.
Lewis was discovered while performing with her childhood dance company, Restoration Dance Theater at Chelsea Piers. She decided to wait until her second year of high school before signing a contract with Elite Model Management.
Lewis has appeared in campaigns for Black/Up, Clarins, Tsumori Chisato, Victoria's Secret’s Pink line, and Yves Saint Laurent (brand). She has done editorial shoots for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2009, 2010, 2011; Essence (magazine), French Marie Claire, Gala, Pride Magazine London, Trace (magazine), Uptown magazine, and Vibe Magazine. She is known for having a short torso for her height. Ford, Innovative Artists, and Angels & Demons in France currently represent her.
Lewis was selected by Nick Jonas and Modelinia to do a three-day, feature style interview video set. This gave her recognition from a wider audience and sparked an interest in interviewing and hosting.
She appeared in the music video for Kanye West's single "Monster". After months of secret rehearsals, in May 2012, she got the chance to showcase some of the dancing talents she trained to do. Famed musician Prince (musician) selected her as his Muse & Dancer during his Welcome 2 Australia Tour 2012 with The New Power Generation. Lewis continuing touring with Prince & NPG for his 2012 Welcome to Chicago Tour, appeared with the band on Jimmy Kimmel live, and served as his muse for his closing show at SXSW 2013 in Austin Texas.
Lewis' love for basketball and the world of fashion motivated her to launch the personal blog, Heels to Hoops. The blog, which she started just before the 2012 NBA Playoffs, featured key NBA game followups, interviews with celebrities and sports figures, and followed her behind the scenes on Australian tour dates.
- The Rewrite (2014)
- "Notable Alumni - Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School for Music, Art, and the Performing Arts".
- "The Beauty Hunters". New York Times. 2010-06-15.
- "Vogue Black - Damaris Lewis". Vogue.it. 2010-03-17.
- "SI swimsuit models on finding the right fit: The trend this year is more pin-up styles than teeny-weeny silhouettes". MSNBC. Associated Press. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- "IMDB Cast List - Limitless".
- "Modelinia Exclusive: Behind the Scenes with Damaris Lewis and Nick Jonas video interviews". Modelinia. 2010-01-29.
- "Prince! Behind The Symbol: Music Special".
- "Black Future Model Damaris Lewis". Black Voices. AOL. 2011-01-27. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- "Welcome 2 Australia Tour lineup and tour info".
- "Damaris Lewis’ Heels To Hoops sports blog/website". fromthefeetup.ca. 2012-05-05.
- "Kate Upton Does The Dougie At A Clippers Game (Video)". Total Pro Sports. 2011-04-04. Retrieved 2011-05-30.
- "Kate Upton talks about the dougie dance!". Girls of Victoria's Secret. 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2011-05-30.
- "TNT All-Star Game Kick-Off With The Hot Damaris Lewis - 2013 Nba All-Star Game @ Houston - (17-2-13)".
- Damaris Lewis at the Fashion Model Directory
- Damaris Lewis in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Collection.
- Damaris Lewis on Twitter
- Damaris Lewis on Youtube
- Damaris Lewis on IMDB