Damaris Lennon Phillips
December 8, 1980
|Education||Jefferson Community and Technical College|
Darrick Wood (m. 2015)
|Cooking style||Southern cooking|
Damaris Lennon Phillips (born December 8, 1980) is an American chef and television personality. In 2013 she won the ninth season of the Food Network television series Food Network Star. She hosted the Food Network show Southern at Heart for five seasons from 2013 to 2016. She currently co-hosts The Bobby and Damaris Show on Food Network with Bobby Flay.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2013)
Phillips was born in Lexington, Kentucky. She has four brothers and a sister. On June 13, 2015, she married her fiance Darrick Wood in Louisville, Kentucky. Growing up with Southern food, her goal is to teach people globally about Southern cuisine. She was raised in urban Louisville. In 2017, she started co-hosting Southern and Hungry with her brother-in-law, Rutledge Wood.
Damaris Phillips graduated from Jefferson Community and Technical College, where she earned a degree in Culinary Arts. She has stated that she decided to attend culinary school because she "didn't know what to do in life". Phillips later went on to become a culinary instructor.
Food Network Star
In early 2013, Phillips became a contestant on the ninth season of the Food Network series Food Network Star. She landed in the top three and eventually became one of the final three contestants, and she filmed a pilot for a potential series called Eat, Date, Love. Phillips was announced as the winner of the competition on August 11, 2013.
Southern at Heart
As a reward for winning Food Network Star, Phillips got her own show on Food Network, Southern at Heart. The show premiered on October 27, 2013. The first season aired on Sundays at 10:30 am/9:30c and consisted of six episodes. The show ultimately ran for five seasons, from 2013 to 2016, with most seasons consisting of 13 episodes. Phillips posted regular show reviews and updates to her Facebook page. An episode airing on April 19, 2015 was watched by 816,000 viewers.
The Bobby and Damaris Show
Since September 2017, she has co-hosted The Bobby and Damaris Show on Food Network with her former Food Network Star co-judge Bobby Flay.
Southern and Hungry
- damaris phillips [@ChefDPhillips] (15 August 2013). "@middlenamegame Lennon" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- damaris phillips [@ChefDPhillips] (8 December 2013). "Thank you!!! RT "@Meleia1: @ChefDPhillips Happy birthday, Damaris Lennon Phillips!"" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Local chef wins "Food Network Star" - WDRB 41 Louisville News". Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Southern and Hungry, retrieved 2017-10-17
- "'Food Network Star' Hopeful: Damaris Phillips (VIDEO) - Huffington Post". Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Damaris Phillips, Season 9 Food Network Star Finalist". Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Eat Date Love – YouTube". Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Food and Love: Better Together on Damaris Phillips' Southern at Heart". Food Network. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- "Damaris Phillips Show - Southern at Heart". Food Network. Retrieved 2013-11-03.[permanent dead link]
- "Damaris Phillips Facebook Page". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- Metcalf, Mitch. "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 25 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 4.19.2015". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved April 22, 2015.