Damaris Lennon Phillips
December 8, 1980
|Education||Jefferson Community and Technical College|
|Cooking style||Southern cooking|
Damaris Lennon Phillips (born December 8, 1980) is an American chef and television personality. In 2013 she won the ninth season of the Food Network television series Food Network Star. She hosted the Food Network show Southern at Heart for five seasons from 2013 to 2016. In 2018, she began co-hosting The Bobby and Damaris Show on Food Network with Bobby Flay.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2013)
Damaris Phillips graduated from Jefferson Community and Technical College, where she earned a degree in Culinary Arts. She has stated that she decided to attend culinary school because she "didn't know what to do in life". Phillips later went on to become a culinary instructor.
Food Network Star
In early 2013, Phillips was a contestant on the ninth season of the Food Network series Food Network Star. As one of the final three contestants, she filmed a pilot for a potential series called Eat, Date, Love. Phillips was announced as the winner of the competition on August 11, 2013.
Southern at Heart
As a reward for winning Food Network Star, Phillips got her own show on Food Network, Southern at Heart. The show premiered on October 27, 2013. The first season aired on Sundays at 10:30 am/9:30c and consisted of six episodes. The show ultimately ran for five seasons, from 2013 to 2016, with most seasons consisting of 13 episodes. Phillips posted regular show reviews and updates to her Facebook page. An episode airing on April 19, 2015, was watched by 816,000 viewers.
The Bobby and Damaris Show
Since September 2017, she has co-hosted The Bobby and Damaris Show on Food Network with her former Food Network Star co-judge Bobby Flay.
Southern and Hungry
Guy's Grocery Games
Damaris frequently appears on Guy's Grocery Games as both a judge and as a competing chef.
- damaris phillips [@ChefDPhillips] (August 15, 2013). "@middlenamegame Lennon" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- damaris phillips [@ChefDPhillips] (December 8, 2013). "Thank you!!! RT "@Meleia1: @ChefDPhillips Happy birthday, Damaris Lennon Phillips!"" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Free Family Tree, Genealogy, Family History, and DNA Testing".
- "Damaris Phillips Got Married over the Weekend".
- "Local chef wins "Food Network Star" - WDRB 41 Louisville News". Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "'Food Network Star' Hopeful: Damaris Phillips (VIDEO) - Huffington Post". Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Damaris Phillips, Season 9 Food Network Star Finalist". Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Eat Date Love – YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Food and Love: Better Together on Damaris Phillips' Southern at Heart". Food Network. Retrieved October 26, 2013.
- "Damaris Phillips Show - Southern at Heart". Food Network. Retrieved November 3, 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Damaris Phillips Facebook Page". Facebook. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- Metcalf, Mitch. "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 25 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 4.19.2015". ShowBuzzDaily. Archived from the original on April 22, 2015. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- Southern and Hungry, retrieved October 17, 2017