|Born||11 October 1981|
|Origin||Quilmes, Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Labels||Concepto Cero , Inkilino Records , Must Die Records , Already Dead Tapes|
|Associated acts||ENS − Ensamble Nacional del Sur, Buenos Aires Sonora|
Born in Quilmes, Buenos Aires, he studied composition at Universidad Nacional de Quilmes receiving the title of "Bachelor in Electroacoustic Composition" in 2010. There he continues with postgraduate studies and working on his PhD thesis in Social and Human Sciences. As a teacher works at the same National University of Quilmes, at Universidad Nacional de las Artes and Universidad del Cine.
During his teenage years he was part of various rock bands even started college where became performer for the ensembles Buenos Aires Sonora and ENS − Ensamble Nacional del Sur (conducted by Oscar Edelstein). During his participation in the last one, he designed and built their own version of a Lithophone together with Axel Lastra.
As a producer he worked on several projects such as Brahman Cero and Excursiones Polares, including the participation of both bands on the album Los Ellos inspired by El Eternauta, the classic science fiction comic created by Argentine writer Héctor Germán Oesterheld with artwork by Francisco Solano López (the edition of the album was supported by the Ministry of Culture of the Nation).
As a composer some of his works have participated in concerts and events held in Conservatorio Santa Cecilia (Roma, ITA); Espacio Sonoro UAM-X - Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (DF, MEX); CMMAS - Centro Mexicano para la Música y las Artes Sonoras (Morelia, MEX); Museo de Arte Moderno de Ecuador (Quito, ECU); Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (Córdoba, ARG); Centro Cultural Roberto Fontanarrosa (Rosario, ARG); Centro Cultural de España en Buenos Aires and Centro Cultural Recoleta (BsAs, ARG).
His first album Capturas del Único Camino was published in 2014 by Concepto Cero and Inkilino Records, along with the support of Universidad Nacional de Quilmes' research project Spatial sound synthesis in the electroacoustic music, directed by Dr. Oscar Pablo Di Liscia (co-director: Mariano Cura).
- Capturas del Único Camino ( 2014, Concepto Cero & Inkilino Records; 2016, Must Die Records; 2016, Already Dead Tapes)
Compilation appearances (exclusive/non-albums tracks)
- With Rosa Nolly and Leo Salzano, as "Nolly Salzano Anache Trio".
- The piece Kanda appears on Never Die Already Dead (Already Dead VI) (2016, Already Dead Tapes – AD216)
Instrumental and tape works
- Even where exhalation stops (2011), for piano, marimba and electronics. Premiered at EMUFest 2011 on Saturday, October 15, performed by Mizue Suzuki (Piano), Fabio Cuozzo (Marimba) y Federico Scalas (Electronics)
- Plaza Ida (2009), tape music. Finalist of the Centro Cultural Recoleta's Sonoclip 2009 Contest and also played at " V Jornadas Argentinas de Música Contemporánea ", UNC (2009).
- p < f (read as "from piano to forte") (2005), tape music. This work has been played exclusively at: "I Concierto de Música Electroacústica de Compositores Latinoamericanos" , Museum of Modern Art, Ecuador, 2009, organized by University of Cuenca; "IV Jornadas Argentinas de Música Contemporánea", National University of Córdoba (UNC), 2008; "Interesarte", National University of Quilmes, 2007; "Espacio para Arte Sonoro/Música Experimental", CCEBA 2006; "Música Experimental y Nuevas Tendencias ", Virasoro Bar 2006, Curator: Nicolás Varchausky.
- Búcaro de Secretos (2013). Generative sound installation created by Damián Anache, Ezequiel Abregú and Martín Matus, for Nota al pie ( Editorial Universidad Nacional de Quilmes' bookstore) opening event, held on April 11, 2013.
- Alter Ego (2008). Placed at Centro Cultural de España en Buenos Aires' public bathrooms for the Espacios de Arte Exhibition, 2008.
- mentioned in the wide list published in Miranda R and Tello A, La Música en Latinoamerica, Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores Mexico - Dirección General del Archivo Histórico Diplomático, Mexico, 2011 (ISBN 978-607-446-036-0) http://www.sre.gob.mx/acervo/images/libros/cultura/4_musica.pdf
- "inkilino records". inkilinorecords.net. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Entrevista a Damián Anache". beatsmusic.net. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Interview with Damián Anache". tomatrax.wordpress.com. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "l a g r o s s a r o c k: EXCURSIONES POLARES EN VIVO". lagrossarock.blogspot.com.ar. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Página/12 :: radar". pagina12.com.ar. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Universidad Nacional de Quilmes - comunidad - Pablo Oscar Di Liscia". unq.edu.ar. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Capturas del Unico Camino - Damian Anache". conceptocero.com. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Página/12 :: espectaculos". pagina12.com.ar. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Universidad Nacional de Quilmes - - Se inauguró la librería Nota al pie". unq.edu.ar. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- official website
- Concepto Cero
- Inkilino Records
- Profile on the website of the National University of Quilmes' School of Arts
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Damián Anache.|
- Damián Anache discography at Discogs
- Damián Anache at Bandcamp
- Damián Anache at PD community
- Damián Anache's writings at Academia.edu
- Damián Anache at iTunes
- debut album "Capturas del Único Camino" at Spotify