Damián Ariel Álvarez
|Full name||Damián Ariel Álvarez|
|Date of birth||May 21, 1979|
|Place of birth||Morón, Argentina|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Playing position||Left winger|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 January 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 29 February 2012
Álvarez made his professional debut in Argentina for River Plate in 1998. In 2002, he moved to Serie B to play for Reggina. However, he returned to the Americas a year later, joining Morelia of the Primera División de México. Álvarez played a significant role for the team that season, playing in 16 games, 13 starts, and scoring three goals and helped them reach the league final but lost to Monterrey. He remained a consistent starter for the team and started a total of 60 games for the team, scoring nine goals.
He has since moved on to C.F. Pachuca, earning six championships with the team: one Copa Sudamericana, three CONCACAF Champions' Cup, one SuperLiga, and the Clausura 2007. Álvarez has been a significant member of those six championship teams.
In 2010, he moved to Tigres UANL and became a key for the Apertura 2011 Championship. He scored the goal of the 1-0 victory in the first leg of the finals against Santos Laguna. On December 14, 2014, Álvarez received a red card along with teammates Hernán Burbano and Nahuel Guzmán in the Apertura 2014 final against Club América. Álvarez and his team lost 3–0 in the final at the Estadio Azteca. Álvarez played an important role in the playoffs of the Apertura 2015 season, conquering his second League championship with Tigres. Damián, who in the regular season played a substitute role, scored one goal in quarterfinals against Chiapas and one more in semifinals against Toluca. Tigres defeated Pumas UNAM in the finals.
- River Plate
- Liga MX (1): Clausura 2007
- CONCACAF Champions League/Champions' Cup (3): 2007, 2008, 2009–10
- SuperLiga (1): 2007
- Copa Sudamericana (1): 2006
- Liga MX (3): Apertura 2011, Apertura 2015, Apertura 2016
- Copa MX (1): Clausura 2014
- Campeón de Campeones (1): 2016
- Damián Ariel Álvarez – FIFA competition record
- Football Database profile
- Damián Ariel Álvarez – Liga MX stats at MedioTiempo.com (Spanish)
- "America crowned as Tigres see red cards". fifa.com. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Three players sent off in NINE MINUTES as Mexican league final turns sour". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 30 December 2014.