Damián Ariel Álvarez
|Full name||Damián Ariel Álvarez|
|Date of birth||May 21, 1979|
|Place of birth||Morón, Argentina|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Playing position||Left winger|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 January 2016.
Álvarez made his professional debut in Argentina for River Plate in 1998. In 2002, he moved to Serie B to play for Reggina. Selección de fútbol de México (Mexico national team) However, he returned to the Americas a year later, joining Morelia of the Primera División de México Clausura 2008. Álvarez played a significant role for the team that season, playing in 16 games, 13 starts, and scoring three goals. He remained a consistent starter for the team and started a total of 60 games for the team, scoring nine goals.
He has since moved on to C.F. Pachuca, earning four championships with the team: Copa Sudamericana, two CONCACAF Champions' Cup, and the Primera División de México Clausura 2007. Álvarez has been a significant member of those four championship teams.
In 2010, he moved to Tigres UANL and became a key for the Apertura 2011 Championship. He scored the goal of the 1-0 victory in the first leg of the finals against Santos Laguna. On December 14, 2014, Álvarez received a red card along with teammates Hernán Burbano and Nahuel Guzmán in the Apertura 2014 final against Club América. Álvarez and his team lost 3–0 in the final at the Estadio Azteca. Álvarez played an important role in the playoffs of the Apertura 2015 season, conquering his second League championship with Tigres. Damián, who in the regular season played a substitute role, scored one goal in quarterfinals against Chiapas and one more in semifinals against Toluca. Tigres defeated Pumas UNAM in the finals.
- As of 14 August 2013
|1.||29 February 2012||Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, United States||Colombia||0–2||Friendly|
|2.||14 August 2013||MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, United States||Ivory Coast||4–1||Friendly|
- Copa Sudamericana (1): 2006
- CONCACAF Champions' Cup (2): 2007, 2008
- Primera División de México (1): Clausura 2007
- SuperLiga (1): 2007
- CONCACAF Champions League (1): 2009–10
Campeón de Campeónes:1 2015-2016
- Damián Ariel Álvarez – FIFA competition record
- Football Database profile
- Damián Ariel Álvarez Liga MX stats at Medio Tiempo.com (Spanish)
- "America crowned as Tigres see red cards". fifa.com. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Three players sent off in NINE MINUTES as Mexican league final turns sour". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Damian Alvarez's National Team Appearances".