|Date of birth||11 March 1982|
|Place of birth||South Africa|
|Original team||Croydon/Eastern Ranges (TAC Cup)|
|Debut||Round 11, 21 May 2000, Brisbane Lions
v. Sydney Swans, at Sydney Cricket Ground
|Height/Weight||184 cm / 95 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2005 season.
In 2003 Cupido had his best year to date. He booted 40 goals for the season in his small/medium forward role and was a very exciting and at times dominant player.
In 2004 Cupido had an indifferent year, suffering for most of the year with a knee injury. It was hoped he could bounce back in 2005, but it turned out he could not. At one stage early in the season, Cupido suffered a public blast from coach Kevin Sheedy in the media, and Cupido was not only dropped to the Bendigo Bombers in the VFL, but one level further, to the Bendigo reserves team. Eventually he fought his way back into the Essendon side but he never looked like recapturing his form. At the end of the 2005 season, Cupido was delisted from the Bombers.
Cupido continued his football career in the SANFL with South Adelaide Football Club in the 2006 season, hoping to get a second chance in the AFL via the 2007 Pre-season draft. He did not get picked in the draft after his first season and left South Adelaide to play for West Adelaide, where he was the club's leading goal scorer in 2007. In 2009, Cupido was stood down from West Adelaide to deal with a gambling problem. He played a total of 72 games in the SANFL; 51 with West Adelaide and 21 with South Adelaide.
Ovens and Murray Football League
- Pearce, Linda (12 September 2003). "Cupido grows into new boots".
- Niall, Jake (13 December 2005). "Talent-to-burn Cupido's career turns to ashes". The Age (Melbourne). Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- "Honour Table". West Adelaide Football Club. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- Keller, Candice (5 August 2009). "Damian Cupido stood down over gambling addiction". The Advertiser (Adelaide). Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- Seewang, Niall (28 January 2010). "Hoppers snare Cupido". The Border Mail (Albury). Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- Bomberland Profile – Damian Cupido
- Damian Cupido's statistics from AFL Tables
- Cupido Faces the Axe (April 2005)