|Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury|
12 May 2015
|Prime Minister||David Cameron|
|Preceded by||Priti Patel|
|Member of Parliament
for East Hampshire
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Michael Mates|
27 November 1969 |
Paddington, London, England
|Alma mater||Trinity College, Oxford|
Damian Patrick George Hinds (born 27 November 1969) is a British Conservative Party politician and the Member of Parliament (MP) for the East Hampshire constituency. He is Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury.
Hinds was educated at St. Ambrose College, a Voluntary Aided Roman Catholic Grammar school in Altrincham in Cheshire, followed by the University of Oxford, where he attained a first class degree, and was president of the Oxford Union Society while there.
Life and career
Hinds was chairman of the Bow Group in 2001–02.
In the 2010 General Election Hinds was elected as the Member of Parliament for East Hampshire getting 56.8% of the vote (an increase of 9.7%) and achieving a swing from the Liberal Democrats to the Conservative Party of 6.6%. The previous Conservative MP, Michael Mates, stepped down at the 2010 General Election.
- "Damian Hinds MP". BBC Democracy Live. BBC. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "Interview with Damian Hinds MP". This Is Alton. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- List of Members returned to serve in Parliament at the General Election 2010, The London Gazette, 13 May 2010.
- "Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury - GOV.UK". UK Government website. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Damian Hinds MP". Parliament.uk. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "House of Commons Public Bill Committee on the Defence Reform Bill 2013-14". Parliament.uk. Retrieved 17 September 2013.