||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Damian Scannell|
|Date of birth||28 April 1985|
|Place of birth||Croydon, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Playing position||Winger, striker|
|2007||→ Dulwich Hamlet (loan)||8||(2)|
|2008–2009||→ Brentford (loan)||2||(0)|
|2010–2011||Dagenham & Redbridge||34||(2)|
|2015||→ Sutton United (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 11 February 2017 (UTC).
Damian Scannell (born 28 April 1985 in Croydon, Greater London) is an English footballer of Irish and Jamaican descent who plays for Tonbridge Angels. Earlier in his career he played for Fisher Athletic, Eastleigh, Southend United, Sutton United and Dagenham & Redbridge. Scannell was educated at Oasis Academy Shirley Park, Croydon, between 1996 and 2001.
Scannell had a very impressive pre-season and was rewarded with his first league start against Peterborough United on 9 August 2008. Southend won 1–0. Scannell joined League Two side Brentford on a two-month loan on 27 November. He made just one start and one sub appearance before returning to Southend on 8 January 2009.
After impressive substitute appearances Scannell was given only his second league start for Southend against Carlisle United on 21 March and scored his first professional goal in a 3–0 win.
His preparations for the 2009–10 season took a blow when he contracted swine flu in July 2009. On 23 March 2010, Scannell's season was prematurely cut short when he broke his fifth metatarsal in Southend's 3–0 win over Walsall. On 24 June, Scannell rejected a new two-year contract with Southend, he instead signed a two-year contract with Dagenham & Redbridge on 29 June 2010.
On 7 December 2011, after making 34 appearances and scoring two goals for Dagenham, Scannell made a return to Eastleigh. A season at Sutton United followed, before Scannell joined Bromley. On 16 January 2015, Scannell joined Sutton United on loan.
Scannell joined Isthmian League Premier Division club Dulwich Hamlet for the second time in his career ahead of the 2015–16 season, going on to score two goals on his second debut for the club in a 3-0 win over Canvey Island, and another goal in his next game, a 2-0 win over Merstham.
- Hugman, Barry J. (ed) (2008). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2008–09. Mainstream. ISBN 978-1-84596-324-8.
- Southend player catches swine flu BBC Sport, 29 July 2009
- "Scannell set for Eastleigh return". Eastleigh FC. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "Scannell snapped up by Dulwich Hamlet". South London Press. 20 July 2015. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Damian's double sinks the Islanders". Dulwich Hamlet F.C. 8 August 2015. Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Merstham 0-2 Dulwich Hamlet". Dulwich Hamlet F.C. 12 August 2015. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Tonbridge Angels manager Steve McKimm signs winger Damian Scannell from Dulwich Hamlet". Kent Online. 13 May 2016. Retrieved 13 May 2016.