Walshe-Howling in August 2011
22 January 1971|
|Occupation||Film and television actor|
|Notable credit(s)||Underbelly (Best Supporting Actor, 2008)|
Damian Walshe-Howling (born 22 January 1971 in Melbourne, Victoria) is an Australian actor, well known for his role as Andrew "Benji" Veniamin in the Australian underworld drama, Underbelly, for which he won the Best Supporting or Guest Actor in a Drama Series at the 2008 AFI Awards.
He also starred on Blue Heelers as Constable Adam Cooper from 1994 to 1998, and returned for the series finale in 2006. He has also had guest starring roles on Neighbours in 1993, The Secret Life of Us (2001) as Mac, Marshall Law (2002), Stingers (2003), Wilfred (2007), All Saints (2008) and Terra Nova (2011).
In 2010 he was cast as "Luke" in the thriller "The Reef".
In 2008 he hosted the Seven Network's factual series Crash Investigation Unit  and appeared in the Bell Shakespeare production of Pericles, Prince of Tyre. He also went back to his theatre roots with a B Sharp production of A View of Concrete.
In 2009 Walshe-Howling was nominated for Cleo Bachelor of the Year. He was set to star in Point Break 2:Indo, however due to the global financial crisis the movie did not go ahead. Walshe-Howling hosted Flickerfest 2009, then started filming The Reef with ex-Underbelly co-star Gyton Grantley. The movie was released in Australian cinemas in March 2011.
In 2010 he hosted the Nine Network's reality show Customs; and in 2012, he appeared in Australian TV drama series, Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms as Bandidos Vice President Mario 'Chopper' Cianter, and also appeared in Play School. In 2013, he had a supporting role in Mystery Road and in 2014 he appeared in a supporting role in the ABC TV comedy drama series, Old School.
- Hutton, Dan (15 December 2010). "Damien Walshe-Howling". People. Australia: The Beast (online). Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "ABC comedies scoop prizes at AFI Awards". ABC News. Australia. ABC/AAP. 7 December 2008.
- "Damian Walshe-Howling: Agony Uncles". ABC TV. Australia. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- Damian Walshe-Howling to drive crash
- Bennett, Sally (4 March 2009). "Underbelly star Damian Walshe-Howling in Point Break 2". Herald Sun. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Damian Walshe-Howling hosts Flickerfest-on-EXTRA". The Daily Telegraph. Australia. 11 December 2008.
- Trailer for Latest Killer Shark Flick, The Reef Surfaces
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Damian Walshe-Howling.|