22 September 1985|
Lucca, Tuscany, Central Italy, Italy
Carrara was born in Lucca, Tuscany. He served as a bartender at age 19 in his hometown before he continued bartending across Dublin, Ireland. By 2012, he and his brother Massimiliano had relocated to Moorpark, California, where they opened their bakery Carrara Pastries. In 2013, they opened a second location in Agoura Hills, California.
Carrara has made television appearances on several Food Network series. He first came to prominence as a contestant in the premier season of Spring Baking Championship in 2015, where he finished in second place. Later that year, he went on to win the "Chocotage XXL" episode of Cutthroat Kitchen.
Carrara also infrequently served as a judge on Bakers vs. Fakers.
Food Network Star and Halloween Baking Championship
In May 2016, Carrara was announced as a contestant for the twelfth season of Food Network Star. He survived until midway through the season finale, finishing in third place. In October 2016, he served as one of the judges in the second season of Halloween Baking Championship.
|2016||Dolce Italia: Authentic Italian Baking||Lulu||1483443264|
- "About us – Carrara Kitchen". Carrara Kitchen. WordPress.com. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Carrara, Damiano (22 September 2016). "Damiano Carrara on Twitter: "Grazie mamma, papà e Nonna https://t.co/z3MF4Pxmby"". Twitter. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Bloomberg, Toby (22 May 2016). "Food Network Star Season 12 – Cheatsheet | Diva Foodies". Diva Foodies. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Conaway, Sheri (27 April 2016). "“Food Network Star” Celebrity Interview – Meet Chef Damiano Carrara – Dine.Savor.Repeat". Dine.Savor.Repeat. WordPress.com. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Pulfrey, Michelle; DeSocio, Jeffrey Thomas (7 July 2015). "Damiano Carrara: Summer Desserts – Story | KTTV". KTTV. Fox Television Stations. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- McKinnon, Lisa (25 April 2016). "Food Network baking show to feature Moorpark chef". Ventura County Star. Gannett Company. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "Halloween Baking Championship, Season 2: Meet the Host and Judges : Food Network". Food Network. Scripps Networks Interactive. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
|This biographical article on a chef is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|