|Also known as||Mista D|
|Born||July 14, 1978|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
Damien Horne, also known as Mista D (born July 14, 1978) is an American recording artist, musician and songwriter.
He has collaborated and performed with Melissa Manchester, Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, John Legend, Hank Williams, Jr. The Commodores, 3 Doors Down, Faith Hill, Big & Rich, Shemekia Copeland, Robert Randolph, Jewel, Josh Kelley, Gretchen Wilson, Velvet Revolver, and The Neville Brothers.
He became a member of the MuzikMafia in 2001, and recorded his first album Somebody's Hero in 2008 under the direction and production of Big Kenny of Big & Rich. When asked about the project, Big Kenny said
"I have never met a more important artist for our times, completely real, unique, deserving and uplifting. I cannot stop until the world hears his music. He writes, he sings , he plays piano and guitar, he dances like 'the man' and you know it when he backflips off the stage in a way that would make James Brown proud."
In 2007, he made a trip along with fellow MuzikMafia member Big Kenny to Akon Sudan to bring medical and school supplies, along with musical instruments, clothing and building tools to the Kunyuk School for Girls.
In 2008, he appeared on Extreme Makeover Home Edition working alongside the crew and people of Charlotte North Carolina to help build a house for the King family. In addition, he performed a benefit concert with his band to raise money for the family. Later in 2008, he walked 300 miles with Emmanuel "Manny" Ohonme performing nightly at each stop for the Samaritan's Feet organization to raise one million pairs of shoes for children. He also wrote and recorded the theme song for the organization produced and arranged by his keyboardist Chris Mendoza.
In 2009, he and Big Kenny hosted "Nashville 4 Africa", with Faith Hill, Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley, and Brad Arnold of 3 Doors Down. A benefit concert to raise money for charitable causes in Uganda and Sudan.
Horne has also worked Singer-Songwriter John Legend. When asked about up and coming artists we should look out for, John said:
"I’ve been working with this guy who is based in Nashville, his name is Damien Horne, he’s good. Look out for him, he’s a good song-writer and performer. He plays the guitar too."
In 2010, Horne contributed four tracks to Big Kenny's third solo album, Big Kenny's Love Everybody Traveling Musical Medicine Show Mix Tape, Vol. 1. In 2011, Horne founded The Farm with Krista Marie and Nick Hoffman.
- "MuzikMafia: From the Local Nashville Scene to the National Mainstream". Upress.state.ms.us. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- [dead link]
- "Music City Soul Series featuring Damien Horne | Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau | B.B. King's Blues Club and Restaurant | MUSIC". NowPlayingNashville.com. 2010-02-04. Archived from the original on 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Legends and Lyrics // Songwriters in the Round // PBS Music Show". Legendsandlyrics.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Damien Horne Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos". Reverbnation.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Big Kenny Signs Damien Horne to Big Love Music | News". BMI.com. 2007-01-19. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "1 Cubed - Damien Horne - Biography, Interviews and Music Interviews". S240778137.onlinehome.us. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "CBN TV - Video On Demand". Cbn.com. 2014-08-04. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Damien Horne: The Saint of MuzikMafia". Cbn.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-02-10. Retrieved 2010-04-06.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "DAMIEN HORNE : News". Web.archive.org. 29 May 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "MuzikMafia : Muzik Without Prejudice". Web.archive.org. 6 October 2008. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Katrina Photos: Everyday People Helping Hurricane Katrina Victims | The Fun Times Guide to Weather". Weather.thefuntimesguide.com. 2005-09-17. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "News : Big Kenny Delivering School Supplies to Sudan". CMT. 2007-10-19. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- [dead link]
- "Extreme Makeover Home Edition Charlotte". Web.archive.org. 6 June 2009. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- [dead link]
- "Samaritans Feet". Samaritans Feet. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Speakerheart Artist Damien Horne Joins Samaritan's Feet World Walk - Technology News". redOrbit. 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Samaritans Feet - Be a samaritan. Give a shoe. Change a life". Web.archive.org. 5 January 2009. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "News : Nashville4Africa Concert Brings Love and Compassion to Music City". CMT. 2009-04-23. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Nashville4Africa African Childrens Choir w Big Kenny Keith Urban Faith Hill Dierks Bentley | The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee | Schermerhorn Symphony Center | MUSIC". NowPlayingNashville.com. 2009-04-22. Archived from the original on 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "ACC's theme song: 'She Can Play' | newsobserver.com blogs". Blogs.newsobserver.com. Archived from the original on 2012-05-04. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Atlantic Coast Conference Unveils 'She Can Play' Remix - The Official Athletic Site of the Atlantic Coast Conference". Web.archive.org. 22 September 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "John Legend Talks Kanye West, Amy Winehouse And Justin Bieber". TaleTela. 2010-10-15. Archived from the original on 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2014-08-10.