|Born||1981 (age 35–36)
Lafontaine, Ontario, Canada
|Instruments||Vocals, Piano, Guitar|
Robitaille started his music career at a young age, when he started playing the piano when he was eight years old, and later in his childhood he learned to play such instruments as the trumpet, guitar and violin. Later on, Robitaille attended Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo to study classical music. While at Laurier, he was a member of the rock band The Mezameeze (made to sound like "Mes Amis" in French, meaning "My Friends"). Halfway through his university career he was a finalist in Ontario Pop, a Franco-Ontarian competition, in which he won a scholarship to attend a one-year program at "L'Ecole Nationale de la Chanson" in Granby, Quebec. In 2004, Robitaille, a young poetic musician, played at the Festival de la chanson de Granby (Granby Song Festival) in Granby, Quebec in which he was a finalist. This festival, as well as the Francouvertes festival in Montreal, Quebec where he won first prize, helped Robitaille become a successful musician in Quebec. Robitaille performs the vocals, guitar and piano for all of his songs.
In 2006, Robitaille released his first full-length album titled L'homme qui me ressemble (The Man Who Looks Like Me). The title is a reference to the duality of being a performer having to take on a persona, which is a large part of Damien's act. On September 8, 2009, he launched his album Homme Autonome. On November 16, 2016, he released the single "Tout feu tou flamme". He is released under Audiogram.
- Damien (2000) - Independently released album which Damien recorded with the help of his high school music teacher
- Damien Robitaille (2003) - Mini-album featuring tracks from Francouvertes
- L'homme qui me ressemble (2006)
- Homme Autonome (2009)
- Omniprésent (2012)
- Univers parallèles (2017)
- "Éditions précédentes". Francouvertes website. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "Artistes: Damien Robitaille". Bande/Apart. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "Univers parallèles by Damien Robitaille on Apple Music". Apple Inc. Retrieved April 18, 2017.