|Born||Damien Gareth Walters
April 6, 1982
|Occupation||Gymnast, stunt man|
Walters participated in four Trampoline World Championships. In 2003, he was one of four members of the British team winning the World Title in the team competition. In the years 2001 and 2007, he ranked 4th with the team. He also finished 5th in singles competition in 2003 and 2005. In addition, he lost the European Title with the British team in 1992, just after he was placed 2nd in team and 1st in the singles competition two years earlier.
Since 2007, Walters has not participated in further tournaments and has focused on his other projects, mainly his career as a stuntman. He also appeared, however, in a number of television commercials and has performed in acrobatic shows.
Walters has had the role of stunt double or stunt performer in the films: Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Ninja Assassin, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, The Eagle, I Am Number Four, Blitz, Colombiana, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, and Captain America: The First Avenger. In Kick-Ass, he was credited as both a stunt double and assistant fight coordinator. He also appeared in the films 47 Ronin and Kingsman: The Secret Service
Walters also has a passion for Freerunning where he incorporates his gymnastic skills as well as his stuntman abilities. On YouTube, he is one of the most watched freerunners, with his videos having a total of over 115 million views.
Currently, Walters is running his own gym, Derby City Gymnastics Club in Derby and shooting films.
|2008||Hellboy II: The Golden Army|
|2010||Scott Pilgrim vs. The World|
|2011||I Am Number Four|
|2011||Captain America: The First Avenger|
|2011||Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows|
|2015||Kingsman: The Secret Service|
- Staff (3 September 2005), "Damien tumbles to glory", Derby Evening Telegraph, p. 37, Factiva DEBTEL0020050904e19300019
- Hill, Ed (14 April 2009), "City gymnast tumbles into career as movie stuntman", Derby Evening Telegraph, p. 3, Factiva DEBTEL0020090415e54e0002p, retrieved 2 June 2011
- Hill, Ed (18 December 2009), "Damien tumbles on to big hit", Derby Evening Telegraph, p. 13, Factiva DEBTEL0020091219e5ci0001v, retrieved 2 June 2011
- Hill, Ed (5 January 2011), "Will Smith tells city stuntman 'make my son flipping good'", Derby Evening Telegraph, p. 3, Factiva DEBTEL0020110105e7150001s, retrieved 2 June 2011
- "About BG". British Gymnastics. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- Results of the 23rd Trampoline World Championships Hannover 2003 (page 46)
- on YouTube
- Damien Walters at the Internet Movie Database
- "Damien Walters wins The 2010 Taurus World Stunt Award". British Gymnastics. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- "YouTube – damienwalters's Channel".