|No. 3 – Orlando Magic|
June 17, 1986 |
Zagreb, SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||228 lb (103 kg)|
|NBA draft||2008 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Damjan Rudež (Croatian pronunciation: [damjan ru:deʒ] (DAHM-yahn ROO-dezh); born 17 June 1986) is a Croatian professional basketball player for the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He represents the Croatian national team. Standing at 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m), he plays the forward position.
From 2002 to 2004, Rudež played for the junior team of Zrinjevac and occasionally for the senior team. From 2004 to 2006, he played for the Belgian club Oostende, where he won his first championship in 2006. From 2006 to 2008, he played for Split.
In August 2012, he signed a one-year deal with CAI Zaragoza of Spain. On 26 June 2013, he re-signed with Zaragoza on a two-year deal. In June 2014, he requested a buy-out from his contract with Zaragoza.
On 12 July 2015, Rudež was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Chase Budinger. On 27 June 2016, the Timberwolves declined the $1.2 million team option on Rudež's contract for the 2016–17 season, making him an unrestricted free agent.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
National team career
In 2009, he won the gold medal at the XVI Mediterranean Games held in Pescara, Italy. He also represented Croatia at the 2015 EuroBasket, where they were eliminated in the eighth finals by Czech Republic.
- KK Cibona lands Rudez and Kovacevic
- CAI Zaragoza puts Damjan Rudez at forward
- CAI ZARAGOZA re-signs Rudez
- CAI Zaragoza keep Damjan Rudez
- Damjan Rudez to workout with Cleveland Cavaliers
- Pacer Sign Free Agents C.J. Miles and Damjan Rudez; Re-sign Lavoy Allen
- Sources: Pacers reach agreement with European shooter Damjan Rudez
- NBA Player 3-Point Shooting Statistics - 2014-15
- "Timberwolves Acquire Damjan Rudez from Indiana". NBA.com. 12 July 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- Gauruder, Dana (27 June 2016). "Timberwolves Decline Option On Damjan Rudez". HoopsRumors.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Orlando Magic Sign Six Players". NBA.com. 8 September 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- CRO – Rudez called by Croatia after meniscus injury knocks out Markota
- "CROATIA UNVEIL AMBITIOUS EUROBASKET SQUAD". eurobasket2015.org. 4 September 2015. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- "CZECHS MAKE FIRST QUARTER-FINAL TRIP". eurobasket2015.org. 13 September 2015. Retrieved 13 September 2015.