|This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (April 2010)|
|Full name||Damon Ian Gray|
|Date of birth||11 July 1988|
|Place of birth||Newcastle upon Tyne, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|–||Wallsend Boys Club|
|2008||→ Partick Thistle (loan)||11||(3)|
|2008–2009||→ Partick Thistle (loan)||10||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:45, 21 July 2012 (UTC).
Damon Ian Gray (born 11 July 1988) is an English footballer, who is currently playing for Junior side Kelty Hearts. He began his professional career with Scottish Premier League club Hibernian, and has spent time on loan with Partick Thistle. Gray then played for Berwick Rangers for a season before moving to Sweden. He re-signed for Berwick in 2011 before moving to Kelty in July 2012.
Gray started his career with hometown club Newcastle United after impressing scouts with his play for Wallsend Boys Club. Gray was signed by Hibernian after failing to gain a senior contract with Newcastle, and was a prolific scorer for the Hibs youth and reserve sides. He made his Hibernian debut as a late substitute in the 2007 Scottish Cup semi-final against Dunfermline in April 2007. Later that month, he netted his first goal in a 2–2 draw with Aberdeen. He failed to win a regular place in the Hibs first team, however, and was loaned out twice to Partick Thistle. Gray was released by Hibs in May 2009, at the end of his contract.
Loans to Partick Thistle
Gray was loaned to First Division club Partick Thistle in early 2008, where he stayed for the rest of the season. He made his debut appearance as a substitute against Queen of the South and then scored two goals for Thistle against rivals Clyde. He also scored a notable goal in the Scottish Cup quarter-final against Rangers at Ibrox Stadium, helping Thistle to a 1–1 draw. Gray returned to Partick Thistle for a second loan spell in July 2008. He scored on his second debut for Thistle in a Challenge Cup win against Queen's Park.
After his release by Hibernian, Gray went on trial with St Mirren, but he did not earn a contract from the SPL club. In late July 2009, Gray signed for Third Division club Berwick Rangers. The pairing of Berwick and Civil Service Strollers in the 2009–10 Scottish Cup meant that Gray returned to the ground where he regularly trained while he was with Hibs. Gray left Berwick Rangers at the end of the 2009–10 season.
- Hardie, David. Hibees won't rush hot-shot, Edinburgh Evening News, 2 September 2006.
- Hibs braced for more player bids, BBC Sport, 21 May 2009.
- "Hibernian 0–0 Dunfermline". BBC Sport. 13 April 2007.
- "Aberdeen 2–2 Hibernian". BBC Sport. 21 April 2007.
- "Partick Thistle get Gray on loan". BBC Sport. 25 July 2008.
- "Partick Thistle 2–1 Queen's Park". BBC Sport. 26 July 2008.
- "Gus MacPherson happy things are looking Gray for strike options". Evening Times. 8 July 2009.
- "BREAKING NEWS". berwickrangers.net. 29 July 2009. Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2009.
- "Berwick sign former Hibs striker Gray". The Scotsman. 30 July 2009.
- "Hibs memories tell me Cup tie will be no stroll". Edinburgh Evening News. 22 October 2009.
- "Kokaindömde skotten Richard Hart till Östersund". www.fotbolltransfers.com (in Swedish). 23 June 2010. Retrieved 28 August 2010.
- "Damond Gray har skrivit på för ÖFK" (in Swedish). Ostersunds FK official website. 8 July 2010. Retrieved 28 August 2010.
- "Scottish League Division Three". The Journal. 12 February 2011. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Kelty add striker". SJFA. 20 July 2012. Retrieved 21 July 2012.