|Full name||Damon Joseph Kelly|
|Born||1 December 1983|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||151 kg (333 lb)|
Damon Joseph Kelly (born 1 December 1983 in Atherton, Queensland) is an Australian weightlifter who competed at the 2008 Olympic Games finishing ninth. Damon recorded lifts of 165 kg in the Snatch and 221 kg in the Clean and Jerk with a total of 386 kg. He was the biggest member of the Australian Olympic Team and was Australia's only male weightlifter at the Games, having secured the sole position with a personal best lift on his final attempt at the Olympic Nomination Trials.
He competed for Australia again at the 2012 Summer Olympics, finishing 16th with a total of 381 kg (216 in the clean and jerk, and 165 in the snatch).
Kelly won a Silver Medal at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in the 105 kg+ division and Gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi and holds the Commonwealth Games record for the Clean and Jerk. He has been undefeated at the Australian Championships since 2006 and is also the reigning Oceania champion. At the 2014 Commonwealth Games, he finished third, 12 kg behind the winner.
He started weightlifting as a 14-year-old at St Laurence's College in Brisbane where he also excelled at Rugby Union, playing in the First XV alongside Australian national rugby league team halfback Cooper Cronk, and Shot Put, setting the college record. He trains at Cougars Weightlifting Club in Brisbane under coach Miles Wydall.
|Snatch||176.0 kg||11 October 2010|
|Clean & Jerk||222.0 kg||7 June 2008|
|Total||397.0 kg||11 October 2010|
|Front Squat||270.0 kg|
|Back Squat||315.0 kg|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 July 2008. Retrieved 12 August 2008. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Olympic Profile - Damon Kelly, Weightlifting
- http://www.olympics.com.au/Athletes/TheTeam/tabid/343/Default.aspx?TeamID=28&SportID=27&DisciplineID=-1#teamTableContainer Archived 20 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine List of Australian Weightlifters at the 2008 Olympics
- "Damon Kelly Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- "Damon Kelly profile at". International Weightlifting Federation. Archived from the original on 13 May 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Glasgow 2014 - Men's +105kg Group A". g2014results.thecgf.com. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
- "Glasgow 2014 - Damon Kelly Profile". g2014results.thecgf.com. Retrieved 11 July 2015.
| Men's 105kg+ Clean and Jerk Commonwealth Games Record Holder
23 March 2006 – 31 July 2014