This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Waltham, Massachusetts, US|
|Genres||Hard rock, power pop|
|Years active||2001–2008; 2019|
|Associated acts||Waltham, Powerman 5000|
|Past members||Mike Woods|
Damone was an American rock band with distinct elements from power pop in their sound. The band originated in Waltham, a city located just west of Boston, Massachusetts and consisted of Noelle LeBlanc (vocals/guitar), Mike Woods (guitar), Michael Vazquez (bass guitar) and Dustin Hengst (drums). The band is set to play their first live show in over a decade on July 26, 2019.
The band was formed by Dave Pino, guitarist for the rock band Waltham and then-teenage singer/guitarist Noelle LeBlanc who later formed The Organ Beats. The band was originally known as Noelle, and released an album called This Summer under that name, which was later re-recorded under the name From the Attic.
Damone released their first album, From The Attic, on RCA in 2003. Original lead guitarist Dave Pino left the band some time in 2004, being replaced by Mike Woods from Boston. Pino is now a member of Powerman 5000.
While working on new material, the band was dropped from its label after requesting to be released. They were quickly picked up by Island Records.
Damone released their second LP, Out Here All Night, on iTunes in early 2006, with the CD version released on May 23, 2006. Damone released their third album, Roll The Dice, in 2008. It was at this time that the band toured the UK as support to legends The Wildhearts.
On December 8, 2011, the band's drummer, Dustin Hengst, died at the age of 39 from liver and kidney failure. No further information on the band's future has been officially announced, but comments from members indicate that Damone will no longer be playing as a band. Noelle is currently a member of the band The Organ Beats.
In April 2019, Damone announced they would reunite for two shows in Boston that July.
- This Summer (2002) (as Noelle)
- From the Attic (2003)
- Out Here All Night (2006) #168 Billboard 200
- Roll the Dice (2008)
- "Frustrated Unnoticed" (2002) (as Noelle)
- "Frustrated Unnoticed" (re-release) (2003)
- "Out Here All Night" (2006) #32 Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks
- "Everybody Wants You" (2006)
- "Roll the Dice" (2008)
- Mike Woods (lead guitars, vocals)
- Vazquez (bass guitar, vocals)
- Noelle LeBlanc (lead vocals, guitar)
- Luke Mangini (drums)
- Dave Pino (guitar)
- Adam Rourke (Drummer/Engineer/Producer)
- Bryce Martin (guitar)
- Dustin Hengst (drums, vocals; died 2011)
- Endelman, Michael (2 June 2006). "Damone: Out Here All Night". Entertainment Weekly (879): 84. ISSN 1049-0434.
- "Rock the Pitch — Represent". Adidas MLS Soccer. Adidas. Archived from the original (Flash) on November 19, 2007. Retrieved 2008-02-05. (Select "Hear your team song", then "New England Revolution".)
- "Damone announce first live appearance in more than a decade". Vanyaland. 17 April 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- BostonHerald.com Damone Biography
- Starpulse Biography of Damone
- Official MySpace Page
- Mike Woods Official Page