|No. 97 Seattle Seahawks|
|Date of birth:||September 11, 1992|
|Place of birth:||DeSoto, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school:||Rowlett (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 3 / Pick: 81|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2016|
Damontre Lamounte Moore (born September 11, 1992) is an American football defensive end for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the New York Giants in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Texas A&M, where he earned All-American honors.
Moore was born in DeSoto, Texas. He attended Rowlett High School in Rowlett, Texas, where he played for the Rowlett Eagles high school football team. As a senior he had 66 tackles and six quarterback sacks.
Moore attended Texas A&M University, where he played for the Texas A&M Aggies football team from 2010 to 2012. As a backup linebacker as a freshman in 2010, he recorded 40 tackles, 5.5 quarterback sacks and an interception. As a first-year starter as a sophomore in 2011, he had 72 tackles and 8.5 sacks. As a junior in 2012, he was a consensus first-team All-American and a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection after recording 85 tackles and 12.5 sacks. Over three seasons, he compiled 26.5 sacks, which ranks sixth in school history.
2013 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4½ in||250 lb||34¾ in||10¼ in||4.95 s||1.72 s||2.87 s||4.33 s||7.08 s||35½ in||10 ft 2 in||12 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine.|
2013 NFL Draft
Moore was initially projected to be a top ten draft pick at the end of the 2012 season. One of his strengths was his versatility while playing in Texas A&M. Where he played as 3-4 outside linebacker in his first two seasons and tallied a total of 14 sacks in that time span. In 2012 as the starting defensive end he exploded with 12.5 sacks. Despite his previous accomplishments, his status as a top ten pick was damaged because of his poor performance at the NFL Combine, where he had only 12 reps in the bench press (lowest among defensive linemen) and a 4.95 time in the 40-yard dash. He was projected by many draft analysts to go in the late first or early second round; however, he slid down the draft board and was eventually chosen by the New York Giants in the third round, with the 81st overall pick.
New York Giants
Though some teams viewed Moore as a 3–4 outside linebacker, the Giants selected him as a 4–3 defensive end. He saw action in 15 games during the regular season, during which time he recorded 11 tackles and 1 forced fumble. The latter occurred during a Monday Night Football game against the Vikings when Moore stripped the ball while playing kickoff coverage.
On December 11, 2015, Moore was waived for violating team rules, reportedly due to having an altercation with fellow defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins regarding headphones. The incident with Jenkins was one of several altercations Moore had with teammates during the 2015 season, according to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports.
On May 9, 2016, Moore signed with the Oakland Raiders. On August 5, 2016, Moore was cut by the Raiders.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- "Texas A&M University". Texas A&M University Athletics Department. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- "Giants' Damontre Moore hoping to make an immediate impact on pass rush".
- "Damontre Moore, DS #6 DE, Texas A&M".
- "Damontre Moore Draft Profile".
- "Damontre Moore Draft Profile – NFL.com". NFL.com. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- "Moore making a mark early in camp".
- "Vikings vs. Giants Highlights (10/21/2013)".
- TOM ROCK. "Damontre Moore gets his first sack dance". Newsday. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- "Giants waive Damontre Moore following altercation". NFL.com. Retrieved December 11, 2015.
- "Here is why Damontre Moore was released - Jay Glazer". FOX Sports. YouTube. December 13, 2015. Retrieved December 26, 2015.
- Sessler, Marc (December 14, 2015). "Dolphins claim ex-Giant Damontre Moore off waivers". NFL.com. Retrieved December 26, 2015.
- Alper, Josh (May 2, 2016). "Dolphins cut Damontre Moore". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- Boyle, John (November 1, 2016). "Seahawks Make Roster Move, But Stand Pat at Trade Deadline". Seahawks.com.
- Boyle, John (December 20, 2016). "Seahawks Make Roster Moves". Seahawks.com.