Dampfbahn Fränkische Schweiz
The Dampfbahn Fränkische Schweiz e. V. (Franconian Switzerland Steam Railway Co. Ltd.) or DFS is a German museum railway based in Ebermannstadt in Franconian Switzerland, part of northern Bavaria, Germany.
The society's aims are the:
- Setting up, operation and preservation of a museum railway on the former federal railway line from Ebermannstadt to Behringersmühle in the Wiesent valley.
- Acquisition and preservation of historic railway vehicles, especially those connected with the Ebermannstadt–Behringersmühle branch line.
- Organisation of presentations, tours, trips and exhibitions.
Since 1980 the society has also had a concession to run a railway and is an authorised railway service and railway infrastructure operator. The Franconian Switzerland Steam Railway is the oldest museum railway in Franconia, the northern region of Bavaria.
Between 1 May and 31 October the museum railway runs scheduled trains on Sundays. For the operation of the museum the DFS has a fleet comprising three steam locomotives, an accumulator railcar, four diesel locomotives and a diesel railbus as well as a number of historic passenger coaches.
Talbot hopper at Ebermannstadt
- Royal Bavarian State Railways
- Deutsche Reichsbahn
- Deutsche Bundesbahn
- List of Bavarian locomotives and railbuses
- List of DRG locomotives and railbuses