Production and engineering career
Throughout the 1990s Brodbeck owned dB Recording Studios in London, Ontario. During that time he worked with various artists including The Gandharvas, Brian Vollmer and Garnet Rogers. In 2000, he became a partner at EMAC Recording Studios where he worked with artists such as Headstrong, Helix, Gord Prior, The Salads, Clockwise, Ana Lovelis, Landon Pigg. In 2003, he worked on the debut solo album Are You Listening by Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries. He produced the self-titled debut album of Raven Quinn and Ivory Hours's Morning Light in 2015. He also co-produced Preservation America by Industry. In 2017 he co-produced, engineered and mixed Ivory Hours' Dreamworld as well as Texas King's Circles. He has had contributions to three Cranberries albums (Roses, Something Else and In The End) as a musician and recording engineer
Brodbeck went to high school at London South Collegiate Institute. In 2007 and 2008 Brodbeck taught music production at Fanshawe College in the Music Industry Arts program. In 2010, he returned to the Music Industry Arts program as a full-time professor of recording engineering and is now the Program Coordinator of the Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program as well as the Audio Post Production Program 
In 2010, he won a Juno Award for Recording Engineer of the Year for his work on the songs "Apple of My Eye" and "Be Careful" from Dolores O'Riordan's album No Baggage. In 2017 he was nominated for Record Producer of The Year at the Country Music Association of Ontario Awards for his work on Dani Strong's "Time To Breathe". The Cranberries final album, In The End, was nominated for Rock Album of The Year at the 2020 Grammy Awards. Dan engineered, played guitar and keyboards, and wrote on that record.
Produced, engineered or mixed groups or artists
Dolores O'Riordan The Cranberries Ivory Hours Texas King Headstrong Landon Pigg Clockwise
- "About Dan Brodbeck". London Free Press. 16 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Canada's Walk of Fame announces the winners of the 2015 'Emerging Artist Music Mentorship Program supported by RBC' valued at over $100,000". Canadian Newswire. 22 Sep 2015. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- melodic.net reviews Preservation America
- "South Alumni Newsletter Spring 2020" (PDF). South Alumni.
- Reaney, James (16 April 2010). "Brodbeck's nod emotional journey". London Free Press. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Dan Brodbeck | Fanshawe College". Archived from the original on 2017-10-11. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- "Winners of the 2010 Juno Awards". CBC News. 18 April 2010. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Record Producer(s) Of The Year". CMAOntario. 19 June 2017. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "2020 GRAMMY Awards: Complete Winners List". Grammy. 20 November 2019. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Landon Pigg Biography". Archived from the original on 2008-02-22. Retrieved 2008-04-21.
- Jersey Biography
- "The Salads interview with Darren in support of The Big Picture". Archived from the original on 2008-04-13. Retrieved 2008-04-21.