|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
January 3, 1979 – January 3, 1985
|Preceded by||George E. Shipley|
|Succeeded by||Terry L. Bruce|
|Constituency||22nd district (1979–1983)|
19th district (1983–1985)
Daniel Bever Crane
January 10, 1936
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Died||May 28, 2019 (aged 83)|
Danville, Illinois, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Judy Crane (1970–2012)|
|Relatives||Phil Crane (brother)|
|Education||Hillsdale College (BA)|
Indiana University, Indianapolis (DDS)
University of Michigan
|Branch/service||United States Army|
|Years of service||1964–1970|
Daniel Bever Crane (January 10, 1936 – May 28, 2019) was an American dentist and a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. In 1983, he was censured by the House for having sex with a 17-year-old page.
He served as a Republican congressman from 1979 to 1985.
Crane, a native of Cook County, Illinois, attended Chicago public schools. He received his B.A. from Hillsdale College in 1958 and D.D.S. from Indiana University in 1963. After completing graduate work at the University of Michigan in 1964–1965, Crane joined the United States Army in 1965, serving until 1970. He set up a dental practice in Danville, Illinois after completing his service.
On July 14, 1983, the House Ethics Committee recommended that Crane and Rep. Gerry Studds (D-MA) be reprimanded for having engaged in sexual relationships with teenagers, specifically a 17-year-old male page for Studds and a 17-year-old female page for Crane. Both men acknowledged the accuracy of the charges. Crane had sexual relations with the girl in 1980. The full House voted to censure the two men. Crane was defeated for re-election in 1984 and returned to dentistry.
- List of federal political sex scandals in the United States
- List of United States representatives expelled, censured, or reprimanded
- "Housecleaning". 25 July 1983. Archived from the original on November 3, 2006. Retrieved 7 December 2016 – via www.time.com.
-  | ARCHIVES | 1983 | HOUSE CENSURES CRANE AND STUDDS FOR SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH PAGES | STEVEN V. ROBERTS and SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES | 
- "2 CONGRESSMEN FACE CONSTITUENTS' JUDGEMENT ON REPORTS OF SEX WITH PAGES". The New York Times. 16 July 1983. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- Barone, Michael; Ujifusa, Grant (1987). The Almanac of American Politics 1988. National Journal. p. 381.
- Dr. Daniel B. Crane-obituary
- United States Congress. "Dan Crane (id: C000871)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- Appearances on C-SPAN