Dan David Prize
|Dan David Prize|
|Awarded for||outstanding contribution in the fields of science, technology, culture or social welfare|
|Presented by||The Dan David Foundation|
The Dan David Prize grants annually three prizes of US$1 million each for outstanding achievement. Fields are chosen for Past, Present and Future.
The Dan David Prize is awarded for innovative and interdisciplinary research. Prize laureates donate 10 percent of their prize money to doctoral scholarships for outstanding Ph.D. students and postdoctoral scholarships for outstanding researchers in their own field from around the world.
The Dan David Foundation was founded in 2000 with a $100 million endowment by Romanian-born Israeli businessman and philanthropist Dan David. The Founding Director was Professor Gad Barzilai. The foundation and Tel Aviv University award the prizes. The first awards ceremony took place at Tel Aviv University on May 2002.
- The Dan David Prize Archived 2012-04-25 at the Wayback Machine
- "The true worth of Dan David – Haaretz – Israel News". Haaretz. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
- Prominent Feminist Historian Rejects Israeli Academic Award, Haaretz, 22 May 2016; UK historian declines Israeli prize, citing conflict with Palestinians, Times of Israel, 22 May 2016; Haggai Matar: Famed feminist British historian refuses prestigious Israeli award, +972 Magazine, 22 May 2016; , TimesHigherEducation, 23 May 2016.
- "2003 Present – Print & Electronic Media: James Nachtwey". Tel Aviv University. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Laureates 2003". Tel Aviv University. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- Al Gore – Present 2008 Laureate – Dan David Prize, TAU Archived May 3, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "Laureates 2009". Dan David Prize. Archived from the original on 2010-03-11. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
- "Coen brothers win $1m Dan David Prize". BBC News. 16 May 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
The pair were given the Dan David Prize – awarded to people who have made 'an outstanding contribution to humanity' – at Tel Aviv University in Israel.
- Official website – includes complete list of all laureates by year.