This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Daniel Joseph Davies
December 25, 1965
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor; writer; producer|
Daniel Joseph "Dan" Davies (born December 25, 1965) is an American actor, screenplay writer and producer. He wrote, co-produced and starred in the 2010 comedy film Ed Gein, the Musical, about cannibalistic murderer and graverobber, Ed Gein.
In 1997, he wrote and hosted the instructional video, The Games We Used to Play, which teaches children how to be healthy by inspiring them to play the physically active games that were played before the advent of video games.
In late 2007, he started a production company with Steve Russell, DaviesRussell.
Davies is a contributor to Nature's Pathways online magazine.
Davies co-starred with Sadie Kaye in Miss Adventure meets Motörhead, that as of May 29, 2013 was the highest-rated video of all-time on Will Ferrell/HBO's Funny or Die. It will also be seen on HBO's Funny or Die and Comedy Central (Europe).
Davies also co-starred with Ayo Makun, Funke Akindele, Nse Ikpe-Etim and Eric Roberts in the Nollywood/Hollywood comedy A Trip to Jamaica that was released in September, 2016. This film also premiered in London in Dec 2016 and held the highest per-screen average in the UK during its box office run. The film has been nominated in 5 categories for the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2017. It was the No. 1 Nollywood box office film of 2016, and, as of December 2016, became the No. 1 Nollywood box office film of all time.
- "PBS: Director's Cut Videos".
- Dudek, Duane (April 27, 2010). "Ed Gein: The Musical". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- Greene, Bob. "Children Having Fun in the Sun?". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- Sherry, Cheryl (29 Jul 2008). "Appleton filmmakers go from shooting wieners to wild horses in what they call a dream job". The Post-Crescent.
- Spychalla,, Craig (22 Oct 2010). "DIAL M FOR MUSICAL: Two area filmmakers say you need to see their film "Ed Gein: The Musical" before you judge it". Capital Newspapers. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- Grant County Independent Herald. 7 Nov 2011. Missing or empty
- Davies, Dan. "Hollywood in Wisconsin Fitness: Progressive resistance is not futile". Nature's Pathways. Retrieved 3 June 2012.